Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stroke lengths, TP sizes and SCR for various springers...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nice idea,
    as well as standard figures listed for each model, do people on here have "optimized" figures for say 11.3ftlb running sweetly that could be added along side or is there no such thing as optimum!!!!!

Atb,Woody.
    Last edited by nat1; 07-01-2014 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nat1 View Post
    Nice idea,
    as well standard figures listed for each model, do people on here have "optimized" figures for say 11.3ftlb running sweetly that could be added along side or is there no such thing as optimum!!!!!

Atb,Woody.
    Thanks bud. Not sure if there's an optimum for a set power..... Hopefullyone of the guys who understand this more will post

just about to add SCR values.

Ok, added SCR's for the rifles listed so far......

Can someone check my figures? I'm getting confused! (Have made a spread sheet up so its all automated....)

Looking at the SCR for say the early 77 and the 80, the 80 should shoot nicer than the 77 Or at least it's closer to the preferred 300:1-500:1

I'm guessing Piston weight must be playing a major factor here!

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Quote Originally Posted by brucegill View Post
    Ok, added SCR's for the rifles listed so far......

Can someone check my figures? I'm getting confused! (Have made a spread sheet up so its all automated....)

Looking at the SCR for say the early 77 and the 80, the 80 should shoot nicer than the 77 Or at least it's closer to the preferred 300:1-500:1

I'm guessing Piston weight must be playing a major factor here!
    Hi Bruce, its probably worth adding a swept volume column to save calculator punching

The SCR is difficult as the target value depends on port length as the gas flow through the port is restricted more by a longer port, it's an indicator of when it will slam or bounce.

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

95/98/new 85 are 85mm stoke, not 86, all depends what seal is fitted obviously

If I get a chance i will boot the old machine up and get my notes off it, however only the stock stuff, not what i set.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe01 View Post
    however only the stock stuff, not what i set.
    I can't blame you for that Tony --- I've just been watching that bloke on you tube who's nicking your ideas.

I've just watched him put grooves in an 80 piston that was running offset in the chuck --- and his Student sounds like a lorry engine with a knock.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I can't blame you for that Tony --- I've just been watching that bloke on you tube who's nicking your ideas.

I've just watched him put grooves in an 80 piston that was running offset in the chuck --- and his Student sounds like a lorry engine with a knock.

All the best Mick
    Some of my idea's even make BAR Mick, not me making them though, my opinion is any end user can make what they like but someone making financial gain from me....play the game and chat to me first

I'm willing to come to agreements, do NOT use my idea's and expect me to not take a dim view.

No more fresh idea's released without protecting them now, shame it has to be that way but it does...even Jim warned me it would happen a while back, should have listened to him me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

All the best Mick
    I haven't looked at the videos........I really ought to.....
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe01 View Post
    95/98/new 85 are 85mm stoke, not 86, all depends what seal is fitted obviously

If I get a chance i will boot the old machine up and get my notes off it, however only the stock stuff, not what i set.
    Thanks Tony. Amended. I've found a few of the figures from your posts on various forums, but won't put anything up that's not stock.

Any nay figures and help appreciated. Just trying to get my head around it all!

Bruce

I am happy to say I use 3.9mm on 77's, 3.6 on 95's, its just some other springers that I have done I have now decided to keep what I use mum for now so you could quote me on those in the first post. Regards the 95 stroke it all depends on whats seals are used, most i have measured (around 8) have all been 85mm, however add a vortek seal and they are 87mm...

Thanks T20. I'll just go and work out the ....

More information, courtesy of BarryG.

Cheers, Barry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Here is one chart

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    I can but I am always clearing my online pictures, perhaps you or someone else could save and post it would be more likely to remain in the useful section, here is another chart with a few more on it

THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Are you sure HW 35 transfer port lengths are correct as the quoted length is about an inch?

Quote Originally Posted by ricardolamos View Post
    Are you sure HW 35 transfer port lengths are correct as the quoted length is about an inch?
    Yes, I'm sure, the HW35 transfer port is about an inch long.

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post
    Hi Bruce, its probably worth adding a swept volume column to save calculator punching

The SCR is difficult as the target value depends on port length as the gas flow through the port is restricted more by a longer port, it's an indicator of when it will slam or bounce.

Cheers

John
    Hi John

Sorry, I missed your post.... Have added Swept Vol. Will add TP Vol. shortly. After that, I won't be adding any more columns as its a PITA in HTML.

Can I get some TX info off you?? Looks like we have MK3 details. Would be great to have MK1/2 and a check on the above figures mate!

ATVB
    Bruce