Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 67

Thread: Stroke lengths, TP sizes and SCR for various springers...

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hatfield Broad Oak, Essex/Herts CM22
    Posts
    3,962
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe01 View Post
    you can tune springers to shoot heavy pellets more efficiently, this is done with stroke and transfer port, shorter stroke and so smaller TP to give a higher peak pressure and would you believe a springer starts acting like a PCP.

    when i did that 25mm 80 you shot at the bash Bruce originally it was favouring 16 to 20gr pellets more than 15 and under, Hobby were under 9fpe but baracuda hunters were 13+fpe, it took me a while to get my head round it but i eventually worked on the stoke and dialled in Hobby shooting at the same power (near enough) and get this the high and low met in the middle...the 19gr come down to 11+ and the 12gr went up to 11+

    This notion springers shoot lighter pellets more efficiently is due to poor design, not what springers can do. Im thinking an LGV in .22 with a DE spec piston will be quite the machine for this, if anything it may just need a few mm of stroke adding to equal things up at worse.
    Some more great info! Many thanks Tony.

    I have to to say, I did bloody love that .22 80!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Stockport
    Posts
    6,064
    Quote Originally Posted by brucegill View Post
    Some more great info! Many thanks Tony.

    I have to to say, I did bloody love that .22 80!
    well you can make your own when you get a nice lathe to do the bits on...there are a few places that carry the 30/25mm tube.

    Or...why not try a HW95 with 23mm sleeve, so 85mm stroke 23mm piston have the cocking shoe push back on the piston skirt like on the LGV and make the piston rotate.

    85mm stroke is 35CC or 80mm is 33CC (approx) plenty enough for 11fpe and the action has decent spring room

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Quigley Hollow, Nuneaton
    Posts
    9,138
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    By Bosch!! Oh my, I really cannot believe that!

    At least I've had a little tonic for the day....that got me laughing!

    Boys, you've got nowt to worry about!

    Hi Tone


    I didn't know if you'd realised but the video is of this bloke:-

    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....02#post6225002




    All the best Mick

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hatfield Broad Oak, Essex/Herts CM22
    Posts
    3,962
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe01 View Post
    well you can make your own when you get a nice lathe to do the bits on...there are a few places that carry the 30/25mm tube.

    Or...why not try a HW95 with 23mm sleeve, so 85mm stroke 23mm piston have the cocking shoe push back on the piston skirt like on the LGV and make the piston rotate.

    85mm stroke is 35CC or 80mm is 33CC (approx) plenty enough for 11fpe and the action has decent spring room
    Thanks mate. Hopefully have another nice stock coming for an 80, so it will be on the cards!

    I vaguely remember seeing you saying 25mm isn't the most efficient size. Not worked out how you've worked that out yet but now I'm starting to understand the SCR side of things, I'll do some calculations and see why. Well, hopefully lol.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hatfield Broad Oak, Essex/Herts CM22
    Posts
    3,962
    Quote Originally Posted by tokoloshe View Post
    Fair point but if custom builds are added you will need this info. Also, as in the TX, different weighted pistons by use of different top hats dictate calibre size in std form. Don't know how much detail you want but suspect more rather than less��
    Anyway, here's some data on a TXHC

    Stroke - ~98mm
    TP - ~3.65mm x 9.8mm long
    Piston wt - ~225g (.177 add 27g for top hat)
    (.22 add 16g for top hat)
    Bore dia - 25mm

    Hiya

    Can you just confirm if thats a MK3 and standard? Have added details above

    Many thanks!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Retford, Notts
    Posts
    16,721
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Hi Tone


    I didn't know if you'd realised but the video is of this bloke:-

    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....02#post6225002

    All the best Mick
    Hi Mick,

    Cheers for that, yes, I had realised it.

    Quite scary, eh?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. DELIVERING BOINGINGLY GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- OCTOBER 28 and 29, 2017. BOING!!

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hatfield Broad Oak, Essex/Herts CM22
    Posts
    3,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post
    Hi Bruce, its probably worth adding a swept volume column to save calculator punching

    The SCR is difficult as the target value depends on port length as the gas flow through the port is restricted more by a longer port, it's an indicator of when it will slam or bounce.

    Cheers

    John
    Hi John

    Sorry, I missed your post.... Have added Swept Vol. Will add TP Vol. shortly. After that, I won't be adding any more columns as its a PITA in HTML.

    Can I get some TX info off you?? Looks like we have MK3 details. Would be great to have MK1/2 and a check on the above figures mate!

    ATVB
    Bruce

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Quigley Hollow, Nuneaton
    Posts
    9,138

    Springer Volumes

    This may help a bit Bruce

    http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/v...ingerchart.gif





    All the best Mick

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hatfield Broad Oak, Essex/Herts CM22
    Posts
    3,962
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    This may help a bit Bruce

    http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/v...ingerchart.gif





    All the best Mick

    Many thanks mate! I'd seen that a while back but couldn't find it.... I'm going to be doing this for bloody ages lol. Executive decision: Not including Gamo lol

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Retford, Notts
    Posts
    16,721
    Quote Originally Posted by brucegill View Post
    Executive decision: Not including Gamo lol
    How about these rifles, also, Bruce? :-

    The HW99...that's a must.

    Webley Longbow, Patriot and Tomahawk.

    RWS / Diana 52, 280, 34

    BSA Lightning derivatives.

    Classics :-

    HW50 and 55.

    Webley Vulcan, Omega and Eclipse.

    Those lovely little BSFs.

    BSA Airsporter and Mercury.

    You're right, I can see you being busy!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. DELIVERING BOINGINGLY GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- OCTOBER 28 and 29, 2017. BOING!!

  11. #41
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Quigley Hollow, Nuneaton
    Posts
    9,138
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    How about these rifles, also, Bruce? :-

    Vulcan
    Vulcan --------- Cylinder 27mm X 79mm - transfer port 2.5mm X 19mm

    Webley Hawk --- Cylinder 25mm X 79mm - transfer port 4mm X 16mm

    Westlake B2 ---- Cylinder 25.4mm X 80mm - transfer port 4mm X 28mm




    All the best Mick





    PS:- notice how I managed to slip a B2 in there Tone --- Bruce may never notice if we keep quiet

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Retford, Notts
    Posts
    16,721
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

    Westlake B2 ---- Cylinder 25.4mm X 80mm - transfer port 4mm X 28mm

    PS:- notice how I managed to slip a B2 in there Tone --- Bruce may never notice if we keep quiet
    Was going to mention the little B2, but I just knew you'd slip it in there, all oily, like!

    Going to collect Mercury S later (as long as it's okay). If he didn't have anything, all this talk of yours of the B2 was making me more than a little interested in one as a short range ratter....Those dimensions are way more than adequate, no? You could even lose loads of swept volume and have a really handy, sweet little, reduced stroke 9 foot pounder for Roland and his mates!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. DELIVERING BOINGINGLY GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- OCTOBER 28 and 29, 2017. BOING!!

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hatfield Broad Oak, Essex/Herts CM22
    Posts
    3,962
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    How about these rifles, also, Bruce? :-

    The HW99...that's a must.

    Webley Longbow, Patriot and Tomahawk.

    RWS / Diana 52, 280, 34

    BSA Lightning derivatives.

    Classics :-

    HW50 and 55.

    Webley Vulcan, Omega and Eclipse.

    Those lovely little BSFs.

    BSA Airsporter and Mercury.

    You're right, I can see you being busy!
    Absolutely! The more the merrier.

    I only have an 80, 95 and 77 here now..... Might go and get a 99 soon though lol.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hatfield Broad Oak, Essex/Herts CM22
    Posts
    3,962
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Vulcan --------- Cylinder 27mm X 79mm - transfer port 2.5mm X 19mm

    Webley Hawk --- Cylinder 25mm X 79mm - transfer port 4mm X 16mm

    Westlake B2 ---- Cylinder 25.4mm X 80mm - transfer port 4mm X 28mm




    All the best Mick





    PS:- notice how I managed to slip a B2 in there Tone --- Bruce may never notice if we keep quiet
    LOL, thanks mate!
    Cheers

    B

  15. #45
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hildenborough
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by brucegill View Post
    Hiya

    Can you just confirm if thats a MK3 and standard? Have added details above

    Many thanks!


    Yes, Mk3 Std. The Prosport is basically same spec if you want to add this too. Not sure about the very early ones though.
    TX200HC, Prosport, LGV - ex PCP pussy!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •