Thread: HW75 sights

HW75 sights

Evening all,

Quite simply, am I right in thinking the HW75 still comes with iron sights rather than fibre optic jobbies?

Whilst the fibre optic sights work brilliantly, I am a massive tart, and they look gash, as they say in the 'hood.

Kindest regards,
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TRS1 View Post
    Evening all,

Quite simply, am I right in thinking the HW75 still comes with iron sights rather than fibre optic jobbies?

Whilst the fibre optic sights work brilliantly, I am a massive tart, and they look gash, as they say in the 'hood.

Kindest regards,
    Tim
    Nope they are not on it thank goodness.
    Yes they might work very well but turn the appearance of a gun into a toy.....yuk.
    Reason....the 75 is intended as a target trainer/semi target pistol. Incorrect to have fibre optics in that field of shooting but they have stuck them on the 45

Quote Originally Posted by clarky View Post
    Nope they are not on it thank goodness.
    Yes they might work very well but turn the appearance of a gun into a toy.....yuk.
    Reason....the 75 is intended as a target trainer/semi target pistol. Incorrect to have fibre optics in that field of shooting but they have stuck them on the 45
    Brilliant, thanks.

Tim

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    If that's putting you off the HW45, why not just get an older second hand one?
    I bought both my 45s 2nd hand on here, no regrets...
    Good deals with these members

errr........hate to state the obvious... but if you don't like the true-glo /fibre optics........it would take roughly 1/2 a second to pull them off and whats left behind is traditional iron-sights-style
    TINKERING WITH PASTY POWER

Quote Originally Posted by slugger View Post
    errr........hate to state the obvious... but if you don't like the true-glo /fibre optics........it would take roughly 1/2 a second to pull them off and whats left behind is traditional iron-sights-style
    This, obviously would leave holes in the sights. Dont know if this would be acceptable or distracting, but on my 45 i simply painted over the f optic dots with flat black acrylic. This leaves you with solid black sights which can easily be scraped off again if needed. They work fine like this but I would still prefer the old style black sights that are on my 75. ATB. Pete.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    If that's putting you off the HW45, why not just get an older second hand one?
    I bought both my 45s 2nd hand on here, no regrets...
    I already have a 45 ta, I was just curious about the 75 really, as I thought that it still had iron sights but wasn't sure if I had just only seen older ones.

Cheers,

Tim

Very expensive but beautiful pistol to own. Cant imagine them putting fiber optics on the 75. If I had to say something critical about it, it would be that with large hands, it might just be a bit of a squeeze getting the hold you want. I could be totally wrong though. Maybe someone can confirm or deny this? ATB. Pete.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Quote Originally Posted by peteswright View Post
    Very expensive but beautiful pistol to own. Cant imagine them putting fiber optics on the 75. If I had to say something critical about it, it would be that with large hands, it might just be a bit of a squeeze getting the hold you want. I could be totally wrong though. Maybe someone can confirm or deny this? ATB. Pete.
    As a medium built guy that just missed out on the 6ft club by half inch, the grips are perfect with my medium sized hands. Double hold I cannot imagine it a problem for small hands either.

As regard taking Truglow parts from the 40 or 45 sights....what a bloody mess!
    You not only would be left with peep holes either side of your sight picture but also a void and hole through your foresight when viewed in any direction....front, from above or sideways on. These darn things are a real nuisance for the purest but the at least the kids love em I suppose.

Yes the 75 looks much better for not having them but also because the larger semi target grip helps balance out the top heavy look of the casing... not so the 45. Throw in a piece of luxuriously grained, dark timber for the wood and your talking pretty tool.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky View Post
    As a medium built guy that just missed out on the 6ft club by half inch, the grips are perfect with my medium sized hands. Double hold I cannot imagine it a problem for small hands either.

As regard taking Truglow parts from the 40 or 45 sights....what a bloody mess!
    You not only would be left with peep holes either side of your sight picture but also a void and hole through your foresight when viewed in any direction....front, from above or sideways on. These darn things are a real nuisance for the purest but the at least the kids love em I suppose.

Yes the 75 looks much better for not having them but also because the larger semi target grip helps balance out the top heavy look of the casing... not so the 45. Throw in a piece of luxuriously grained, dark timber for the wood and your talking pretty tool.
    I find the acrylic paint option ( as in my post no.6 above) a good compromise as regards the fiber optic sights on the 45. I'm 5ft 8 with medium hands and the 75 fits like a glove, but the three fingers fully on front strap are ever so slightly compressed between trigger guard and semi palm shelf. I thought a large hand might be compressed even more? ATB. Pete.

I totally agree regarding the paint option. This can be simply polished off if you don't like it too.