Thread: Melbourne marksmen

Cool Melbourne marksmen

First night back this year for all the Melbourne Bellringers. Thurs 9th Jan. Lets see a good turnout. Anyone who might fancy a go at Belltarget also welcome. Come in from the cold have a shoot a chat and a pint at the Melbourne British legion club 7.30pm on . Cant be bad.
    Members need to be sharpening their skills too as we have a competition looming.
    As a bonus we also have another collectors Fayre on Sat Feb 15th 11am till 5. Lots of vintage guns for sale or just come for a chat.
    See you all there.
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

Is this just for classic air rifles or can modern pistols be used too?
    Fierynick

+Keep Calm and Shoot Tens+

Quote Originally Posted by Fierynick View Post
    Is this just for classic air rifles or can modern pistols be used too?
    Any legal equipment can be used, everything from Steyr LP10's to vintage Webley's, Diana's, etc make an appearance.

There's a selection of bell targets, the standard 3/8" hole is challenging with a pistol (difficult enough with a rifle), but there are a couple of targets with wider apertures better suited to pistoleers! as well as paper targets of course.

Come along and give it a try, first two visits are FoC to let you see if it's for you. Pistols which use a magazine should be operated in "single shot" mode on safety grounds. The standard of marksmanship varies from excellent to amusing, but as long as it's safe that's all that matters. HTH

He's back

He's back.

I am one of the "amusing shots" Mr Wheeler refers to. But we all have fun.
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!