Thread: ROA nipples and parts

ROA nipples and parts

TOTW nipples work well with #11 CCI, PRA-S for ROA.I don't need any but they are a better fit than Ruger for CCI.
    http://www.trackofthewolf.com/List/Item.aspx/64/2/PRA-S
    Also Numrich have a few parts for ROA including frame screws but there is a $35 up front export charge.

Thumbs up

Thanks for the link.
    What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?
    W.C. Fields

I know I'm an old fuddy-duddy, and prone to lecturing folks who ax a simple question, but as I've already posted here a number of times, Butler Creek/Uncle Mikes of Oregon make replacement nipples for the ROA with the exact same dimensions and hex heads as the original, for $15.50 a set.

I got ignored.

I'm just saying that I get them when I'm back over with my relatives in Oregon, and can get any amount needed.

Sure, you can get them from TOTW, with the surcharge, if you want to fund the US government - that's your decision - but the first one to PM me for details and send me a check for £15 gets my last spare set.

tac

Sold to Turnup.

Thanks.

tac

Thanks for sharing the info.
    If I wanted 1.1mm flash holes I'd stick with the original Ruger,I have 2 sets as new.
    TOTW are .7mm,I have my reasons also,
    If I didn't already have 2k CCI #11 magnum and use 777 maybe I'd try and find what reliably fit Ruger.
    Price isn't my motivation but as I got 2 sets posted for £15.15 per set it was a whole lot cheaper than a trip to the states.
    There had previously been a question about grip frame screws,super blackhawk seem to be what is being issued by Numrich fo r ROA,they fit but there is a surcharge on them as components.
    I was just sharing info rather than trying to be abrasive.
    Happy days.
    Last edited by lostcat; 08-02-2014 at 07:24 PM.

Numrich are charging $35 surcharge for parts heading out of the USA, plus a minimum of $24.00 shipping. That's why I get anything I need shooting-wise - that's legal to purchase - while I'm over there on our annual visit. We know all the local gun dealers, and even shoot with some of them. We know the folks who make our granddaughter's and grand-nieces' winter clothes, and the guys who make the scope rings and scopes, and all those little accessories made by Uncle Mike's of Oregon and Buler Creek? Them too.

We try and spend as little as possible on things we need in this country, seeing as how we spend so much time either in Canada or in Oregon. So just about anything else we can think of that takes our fancy gets bought were we know we are not being ripped off, because we know the folks who make the stuff. Y'see, in Oregon, if the label reads 'Made in Oregon' that's exactly what it means - by law.

As just one example, we stopped buying Berghaus gear when they sold out the factory from the North East of England to a bunch of Koreans. Nice folks there, no doubt, but paying £90 for a fleece made in UK, knowing it cost only £30 to make is a lot different than paying £90 for the same thing made in Korea, knowing that it cost only £5 to make - maybe less - leaves a really bitter taste.

tac

Politics is for polititians.
    I mend clocks,vote with my feet and my wallet.
    I don't travel to the US,the french don't like to pay more than a Euro for a bottle of wine,I don't drink but it tastes the same as if it cost £10.

Quote Originally Posted by lostcat View Post
    Politics is for polititians.
    I mend clocks,vote with my feet and my wallet.
    I don't travel to the US,the french don't like to pay more than a Euro for a bottle of wine,I don't drink but it tastes the same as if it cost £10.

? What was that about?

tac

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    ? What was that about?

tac
    Some people travel to the US and bring back gun parts,It's not cost effective to travel there to get a few parts,
    Some like myself travel to France,I could bring back alsorts that are cheaper there.
    I don't get one on about what goverments squeeze out of me regarding shooting or wine as it's a luxury.
    I have more of a problem with getting robbed for essentials like petrol that I can't import from the US at the price they get it for,can't seem to get by without it,but that's politics IMO.