Thread: Steyr LP10E

Steyr LP10E - SOLD

I have a mint Steyr LP10E that I am not getting on too well with - clearly me and not the pistol at fault - so if anybody is looking for one or would like to have a chat about a possible px please send me a PM.

The Steyr LP10E is one of the worlds finest match pistols that it is capable of winning anything at any level so I cannot criticise it in any way and the UK support for this pistol is excellent - but at this moment I have just not "taken" to it and so in a "moment of weakness" I may be tempted to sell it or try something else.

This pistol is now SOLD.
    Last edited by zooma; 20-03-2014 at 03:14 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

My LP10E has a left and a right handed set of grips so I can sell or swap it with either.

How much are you looking for?
    Fierynick

+Keep Calm and Shoot Tens+

Hi Nick,

Although I don't have a firm price in mind I was rather hoping somebody would make me a tempting offer but more likely come up with an interesting px proposition.

I think the electronic trigger is what is putting me off - I know that some claim it is technically superior - and maybe it is - but it does not suite me and although I am still trying to get the best out of it I only need to switch back to my Bennelli to see that my scores are not as good with this type of trigger - or rather they are not as bad as they are when I use it.

Others can shoot well enough with it so the pistol is good but the shooter does not like it as much as he does a mechanical trigger.(although I get on OK with a Morini 162E trigger - so it must just be a personal preference thing I guess?).

I am past worrying about top scores ( I retire this year) but I still like to see nice groups and some sort of consistency and this is something I cannot achieve with this pistol - but I can with an LP1 or LP10 and my own Bennelli Kite.

I prefer the feel of an LP10 or even an LP1 trigger so maybe I just prefer mechanical triggers - but if nothing crops up I will keep working at it and see of I can get more out of it, after all if a pistol like this is capable of winning a gold at the Olympics or World Champs then it should work well enough for me in our local club!
    Last edited by zooma; 27-02-2014 at 11:01 AM.

I've got an LP10 that you might be interested in.

Would you know if the grips are interchangeable? Mine's been heavily customised and I'd like to keep it. We might be able to do a deal on the pistol bodies only, given the difficulties of posting pressure vessels.

Quote Originally Posted by NickHarvey View Post
    I've got an LP10 that you might be interested in.

Would you know if the grips are interchangeable? Mine's been heavily customised and I'd like to keep it. We might be able to do a deal on the pistol bodies only, given the difficulties of posting pressure vessels.
    Hi Nick,

The grips for the LP10 will not fit the LP10E.

The LP10E grips include the electronic trigger circuit board and so they are a very different internal shape and due to this they also fit differently too with the fixing screw entering the main frame "horizontally" from the rear rather than "vertically" from underneath.
    Last edited by zooma; 19-01-2014 at 10:50 AM.

My LP10E is black with two blue cylinders ( can exchange one for silver if preferred) and is in pristine condition.

The pistol has just come back from Steyr UK where it has had the latest trigger detent upgrade fitted ( as fitted to the LP10E pistols that were in use at the recent Dutch International meeting) so it is also right up to date with the very latest mod.

I would like to offer the pistol for sale with a medium left handed grip and a medium right handed grip. Both grips are in superb condition and the pistol can be inspected and shot at 10 meters prior to purchase by any serious potential buyer.

I would consider selling the pistol with just one of the grips and I would also consider a deal with a Morini 162E in similar mint condition if anyone was interested.

As far as I know the price of a new LP10E is still around £1550.00 and the price of a new grip is about £160.00 so this pistol with both grips included at £1250 does offer a good saving from new.

SOLD - SOLD - SOLD

This pistol now has a new owner and so it is no longer available.

SOLD - SOLD - SOLD.