Thread: red dot or laser ?

red dot or laser ?

looking into possibly [depending if can contain the vomit inducing thought of ugliness] fitting a sight onto my lads hw40 and my hw45 my only experience thus far was a cheapy red-dot sight that came with one of my previous guns [its shitesville]
    smaller the better, and not sure if a trigger-guard mounted setup will be good or not [both pistols being cocked by the top rail/hands in the way etc]? or is this too-flimsy a mounting method ?
    advice please
    TINKERING WITH PASTY POWER

Hi Slugger,

I recently bought a Walther Competition Red Dot....Not used it that much so far, but certainly satisfied so far. Mine's on a Ratty.

Might be a little tricky on the 40, on the compression stroke, but I guess you could mount it a good way forward?

Personally I'd always choose a dot over a laser....too easy to "lose" the laser dot on the ones I've seen and, if any holdover required, you've had it!

I think our sponsor, JSR, has the Walther Red Dots back in stock for about £26?
    Last edited by TonyL; 10-01-2014 at 11:12 PM. Reason: I'd missed JSR out!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

thanks bud
    TINKERING WITH PASTY POWER

Quote Originally Posted by slugger View Post
    thanks bud

I have a Sutter red/green dot on my Walther CP99 and it's the best red dot I've had, the previous ones were not up to scratch as far as I'm concerned. On my Alecto, I have a red laser as it's easy to fit the laser on the picatinny rail under the barrel. It's very accurate at 6 yds open and the 10 metre open sights, I can turn the foresight for either 6 or 10 metre competition. It's hard to choose between the two optical sights, both are good for accuracy, but for shooting cans, the red dot is ideal, especially in bright sunlight and is the best choice as far as I'm concerned.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...psfd2a3b7b.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...ps0cd90451.jpg
    It's not the destination; but the journey that counts!
    You can take the lad out of Essex; but not Essex out of the lad!