Quote Originally Posted by tim56 View Post
Hi Frank, is there a particular reason you want to change your ball/patch combination.?? Im no expert but i would
think the patch needs to be thick enough to seal between the ball and barrel. Don't know if a .005" patch would do
this. I seem to remember using .012" in my Lepage with a .535" ball but don't hold me to that as it was years ago.

Im sure i don't need to say this but; Just as a foot note. If you use a too thicker patch and the ball is VERY TIGHT!
don't be tempted to shoot the gun unless the ball is all the way down on top of the powder. All the Best, Tim
Hi Tim thank you for post the reason is I make my own 454 balls so you know where this is going yes to lazy to change moulds to 447 well that's the truth. So you got me thinking is it worth it well to be honest NO so I'll take your advise and stay with 447 the Moore loves them and the 15 patch which I can load with starter no need for mallet they are tight but not over tight.So once again a member as made me come to my seances in a kind way thanks Tim from Frank Ps any other members read this it's ok I'm sticking to .447 ball in the Moor so no need to post thanks every one