Thread: Coming out of hibernation in Tyneside after too many years doing other things.

Cool Coming out of hibernation in Tyneside after too many years doing other things.

Hi everyone,

This seems to be where the "this is me" bit belongs, so here it is

I got interested in air pistols & rifles when I was a youngster thanks to my family and other like-minded gun enthusiasts in the area.
    Had a variety of guns when I was growing up, (junior size) Dianna rifle, Webley pistols, Crossman pistols, etc. Some now gone but others still here
    Then spent a while as a member of one of the local "live ammo" pistol clubs in our area (Wallsend).
    Generally lost touch with guns when I started moving around the country as a young adult and spending time on other "fun" things (rebuilding houses, cars, working full time, and all the other "real life" things that get in the way of doing what you want to )
    Have been lucky over the years and have managed to get invites to a few shooting (target / clay pidgeon, etc) events, always good fun
    Home has always been Tyneside but I was working away for many years, now back in the North East and in no rush to move away again

Recently found this site when I was looking to find out what's available now in the UK - the first thing I noticed is that a LOT has changed since I was last involved
    Have spent a couple of weeks browsing here in my spare time which has been an education - and is much appreciated

The good news : technology and precision mass production has improved massively so costs have come down and the variety of guns available is now huge
    Not such good news : society keeps tightening the rules Much of what was allowed now isn't, as it's either illegal or is just socially unacceptable these days
    One of the things that concerns me is that so much has changed, I now need to find answers to lots of "is this allowed & legal" type questions before I even start shooting (low powered airguns) again.

Away now to see what I can find out, but don't be surprised to find "Help" type questions in the near future

Have fun, stay safe.

Cheers,
    Pete

Welcome to the BBS Pete

Hello mate .

And welcome to the forum .

All the best .

Andy .
    " Never mistake kindness for weakness "

im a newbie to this forum to mate,and recently got back into air guns again after way to many years away,yeah i agree a lot has changed while ive been away,most for the better though,like the quality of the guns for not a lot of money we can now get and forums like this to help you along in whatever takes your fancy?