Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2014 6yd mpl results

scores updated. Still a couple of homeworks needed, Zooma must be using up all his .22 pellets practicing. Pleeeeeez get your March scores in even if you think they are pants I hate blank spaces in my homework register.

George

Quote Originally Posted by thirdwheel View Post
    scores updated. Still a couple of homeworks needed, Zooma must be using up all his .22 pellets practicing. Pleeeeeez get your March scores in even if you think they are pants I hate blank spaces in my homework register.

George
    Hi George you ware right - I am using a lot of precious .22 pellets trying to get an almost new Webley break barrel Typhoon to shoot well at 6 yards.

Having seen the nice video test here on the BBS of this same pistol I was inspired to try a bit harder ( and longer) to give it a go and to post a result with a pistol that nobody else has had a go with in the MPL postal competition so far.

The results are mixed and I think that the pistol needs a lot more lead through it yet before it settles down and I have not been able to find any .22 JSB Match - the pellets that worked the best with this pistol in the video test so I need to either go with what I have or just give up and drag the Model 5 out.

Working late has been the main problem .......but it would be nice to squeeze a result out of the Typhoon.....
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Thought you might be having "technical problems" with the new pistol, get them to me as and when!
    Will make some keepsakes to day today to go back to third place in both classes.

Best cheers
    George

Thanks George - I am sure the trophies will be unexpected and very well received

Yup - I shot the March .22 competition with the Turkish Typhoon ( break barrel) and I did not find it at all easy

This month I will try something else........anything else

April scores slowly comming in - well done. Not long to the end of the month!!!

Best cheers
    George

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

scores in

all mine are in "phew" after a week relaxing in the emerald isle and imbibing more than my fair share of anything barely drinkable [porchin]etc
    i found my cards a real challenge;better get my act together next month.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    all mine are in "phew" after a week relaxing in the emerald isle and imbibing more than my fair share of anything barely drinkable [porchin]etc
    i found my cards a real challenge;better get my act together next month.
    You can get the same effect with a Turkish Typhoon for far less than the cost of the booze - but it is nothing like as enjoyable

target@rossmod.co.uk
    Last edited by zooma; 08-05-2014 at 07:04 AM.

to true ,been there ,done it ,regretted it!
    and most likely do it again.

Hi you short range target shooters.

Guess what it's nearly the end of the month, get those little carboard targets holed and zoom the scores to me as I love playing with spreadsheets and love inputting data. Shot my 6m today for the .22 round geeeeez what a kicker but it was cheap!! If you put your scores in over the w/e there will be a delay in seeing them on here as we are away at Bisley shooting at the ESSU shoot.

Best cheers
    George

Frank (Baggyboy) is in the lead for May!!

Best cheers
    George

Really big step in the right direction for Red bobs scores this month, he has been getting advice and it is working - the advice? breath.

George

Scores comming in for May keep them comming!

George

I do not know how she does it but my wife can shoot her HW40 about on par with her LP2 at 6yds. I've not messed with improving the trigger or anything. I just get depressed when I try it, so the moral to the story - some pistols suit you better than others. I had a practice with my alecto, geez I've got to take that to bits and see how the trigger works and fettle it. I'm sure I could not make it worse! suppose I've been spoilt by training with my PCP K12 so much.
    Keep the scores comming in.

George
    Horrid wet rainy Dover

It is strange how sometimes a basic pistol can score as well for the same shooter as a match PCP - but it does happen time after time - so the mystery continues..

However, I think this is less likely at 10 meters than it is at 6 yards.

its nearly time for the decision as to whether ive earned the right to move onto a more target dedicated pistol.
    my average has improved but have i really reached the limit of my present tools of the trade[hurricane brothers] at 235/240
    i suspect they are still able to achieve a little more than i am capable of inputting at the moment, i have the compact,alecto,hw45 waiting in the wings the idea is to earn the next step up but not before ive gone as far as i can with the hurricanes [245/250 ]
    its been an interesting journey of discovery so far as its easier to think improvement comes more quickly with a better level of equipment ,but to my mind if you overlook the point that the "handler" must know his ability before the jump then he wont become disenchanted when even with the premier tool in hand his scores dont seem to hold up.my latest lesson is disciplining my breathing;i already thought i was taking this into account .
    not a chance! in was secretly holding back on my breathing thus giving my body a discreet sign that it was time to stress up a tad with all the usual
    consequences ;aaaaaahhh .it comes to something when you can even fool yourself into thinking your doing things in the correct manner when you are actually slipping backwards ."lol" hope im not putting anyone off
    anyway i still thoroughly enjoy using the hurricanes and when i errr get the odd flyer! i look at them and im sure they are saying "what are you looking at me for! you were in charge!!weren't you?