Thread: 2014 6yd mpl results

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

my latest adventure/challenge with bill and ben ;the hurricanes i use in the 6yd comp has shown me quite clearly that despite their relative shortcomings
    in this kind of discipline ;they are capable of better results than my present ability.at the start which was more of a challenge due to having to change to l/h i was struggling to stay consistently in the black.i had to get out my orig6 to bolster my confidence that i could be better,but taking the bit between my teeth i made a point of shooting a practise card almost every night .then a moment came when i realised that instead of relying on a precise two stage quality trigger to assist in a clean unstressed let off.by instinct i changed to a slow but consistent pull which enabled my grip to allow for the pull on the trigger ,keeping the sight near steady on target.ive now started to make my target discs smaller than the comp disc to create a further challenge as i realised that i was getting a bit lazy,"o well its in the black good enough"attitude. i have managed now to stop using my trgt dedicated pistols for what is a placebo effect on my lack of shooting discipline ie trying to run before i could walk so to speak. im now looking forward to using my target pistols to their true effect having demonstrated to myself that to really improve its a good idea to overcome the challenge of more demanding pistol to get the most of a more sophisticated one.
    Last edited by red bob; 27-02-2014 at 11:07 PM.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,