Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2014 6yd mpl results

The end is nigh for this series.
    try and get your scores to me asap and I will process them and get them posted, from Saturday it will go quite from me for a while as I'm off for over two weeks on holiday away from the internet.
    I've sent all the competitiors a copy of the results so far so you can check them as I'm sure there are some scores missing for one reason or another, so please check them and send me the scores on the normal scores email. one I'm shure that is missing is Rickenbacker's as he is normally so good in getting them in on time.

all the best for the next series - into the winter !!!!!!!

George

Quote Originally Posted by thirdwheel View Post
    The end is nigh for this series.
    try and get your scores to me asap and I will process them and get them posted, from Saturday it will go quite from me for a while as I'm off for over two weeks on holiday away from the internet.
    I've sent all the competitiors a copy of the results so far so you can check them as I'm sure there are some scores missing for one reason or another, so please check them and send me the scores on the normal scores email. one I'm sure that is missing is Rickenbacker's as he is normally so good in getting them in on time.

all the best for the next series - into the winter !!!!!!!

George
    Hi George, Yes, I'm sorry I got behind with my shooting. But I'm pleased to have now done all my May & June match cards in one big (predictably average) shooting session

Many thanks for your hard work with the tables, and for your kind words of encouragment

ATB - Phil

Thanks to everone who is trying hard to get all your scores in - quite a nice final flourish in my inbox!

Best cheers
    George

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

mine was a last flourish! a 244 a real PB for me , the .22 hurri has a really smooth trigger marred only by the sound of a slight creak just prior to release which can be a little unnerving;where as the .177 has a more predictable pull with a tad more resistance approaching release! and yet as my scores seem to indicate the creaky .22 is my best scorer!. looking forward to the new season but still cant bring myself to putting the hurricane brothers to bed and wheeling out something a bit more dedicated to the task .still its great fun using them for some distance plinking in the garden now ive got in tune with them.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    mine was a last flourish! a 244 a real PB for me , the .22 hurri has a really smooth trigger marred only by the sound of a slight creak just prior to release which can be a little unnerving;where as the .177 has a more predictable pull with a tad more resistance approaching release! and yet as my scores seem to indicate the creaky .22 is my best scorer!. looking forward to the new season but still cant bring myself to putting the hurricane brothers to bed and wheeling out something a bit more dedicated to the task .still its great fun using them for some distance plinking in the garden now ive got in tune with them.
    Considering how you out scored my recoil-less performance with a bloody springer, I think you should retire and take up rifle shooting or something

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

funny thing is rick i sometimes think the recoil pulls the pistol back on target ,the implication being that a recoilless will go exactly where i aim for
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    funny thing is rick i sometimes think the recoil pulls the pistol back on target
    I can assure you Bob - That never happens to me!

Maybe you can give red bob a run for his money in the Autumn/Winter series?

....time to get your entry in methinks
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Maybe you can give red bob a run for his money in the Autumn/Winter series?

....time to get your entry in methinks
    Good point Bob, I must wire you some funds

It's a lose/lose situation with Red Bob though... it'd be a hollow victory even if I did manage to just pip him with a recoil-free pistol ...

Hi all
    The results will not be updated now for a couple of weeks as I'm off on my hols. get them sent in and I will post them asap on my return.

Good shooting
    George
    Last edited by thirdwheel; 06-07-2014 at 02:13 PM.

Competition CLOSED

The 2014 Spring (January - June) MPL postal competition is now closed as the 2014 Autumn ( July - December) MPL postal competition has started.

Please make sure any final results are sent in to our email address 6ydmpl@gmail.com within the next two weeks so when George gets back from his holiday we can complete the records and announce the winners.

We have some nice trophies for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in both the .177 and .22 Air Pistol competitions and these will be sent out to the winners as soon as the results can be finalised.

The last date that we can accept any scores for the Spring 2014 Competition will be Monday 21st July. 6ydmpl@gmail.com so everyone has a couple of weeks left to get those cards shot that may have been missed.

We will still accept results from any month in this series ( January - June inclusive). 6ydmpl@gmail.com so there is no reason not to complete your cards if you are running late for any reason.

Anyone that has not yet entered the new 2104 Autumn (July - December) MPL Postal Competition can do so anytime now. We have plenty of targets for 6 yard air pistol and 6 yard air rifle ready to go so please get your entries in as soon as you can so you have plenty of time to shoot them.

Thanks to everyone that entered the MPL Spring competition for your support, and we look forward to seeing existing and new 6 yard MPL shooters in the new Autumn MPL postal competition for .177 air pistol and .177 air rifle competition
    Last edited by zooma; 07-07-2014 at 03:15 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Full and final scores now posted for spring MPL Jan - June, well done everyone and well done with the improvements in personal scores and of course super well done to those at the top of the table I do hope everyone enjoyed the series and was someting to keep you going over the dark winther evenings. Now we go back into the dark with the new series, see you there!

Best cheers
    George