Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 6yd mpl results

Quote Originally Posted by thirdwheel View Post
    Phil
    You were correct - was in my spam folder.

Updated now.

Best cheers
    George
    Ah, thank you George - and thanks for your kind email

I hope it's not too pedantic to point out that my pistol for the .177 MPL is an IZH46 (not the newer 46M).

Phil
    The M is gone.
    It will vanish when I next update, thanks for pointing it out.

George

Hi all 6yd MPL people
    Don't be shy send me your January scores even if you think they are carp! we are a fun bunch and who cares - just you - it will give you a target to aim for for feb. Goodness if you are shooting out of doors and waiting for a calm spell to shoot those cards you may have to wait for ever the way the wind is blowing here in Dover at this time in the morning - we sailors say the wind goes down with the sun huh!!! Just been practicing with my wife - blow getting the right pellet, holdover, trigger release, stance, sight picture, breathing. I've found the answer to better scores..... tell you later and it is printable.

Get those scores in

Best cheers
    George

Hi MPL pistol shooters

Do not be shy, send me those scores even if you could have done better by thowing stones at the card - who cares it is only fun and it will give you something to annoy you and make you find ways to better it next time.Perhaps using your pistol more or try out other pistols and if this happens the comp will be doing exactly what it set out to do. But if you are shooting in your garden I guess I'll be wating a while for better weather!!!!!

Best cheers
    George
    Stormy Dover
    Last edited by thirdwheel; 07-02-2014 at 01:50 PM.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

hi george,like you say the weather is proving a problem for us back garden shooters so i took it inside ;the larder door is the backstop ,a step ladder the shelf for the target stand and the 6yd mark is the profile edge between the kitchen floor tiles and the hall parquet flooring ,very convenient.
    waiting for everyone to finish in the kitchen is a pain but worth while as having to wait for the wind to drop or trying to catch the damn cat and lock it in the house is more so.
    regds bob
    ps into my 4th card for feb.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Can I just remind everybody that the

6ympl@classicapa.com

email address is not the address for submitting scores to.

Unfortunately, due to the many other things I have on at the moment, I won't be able to forward any scores received at this on.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Hi all
    The email address to send them to me on is - <6ydmpl@gmail.com> without the <>

Happy target shooting

Best cheers
    George

Quote Originally Posted by p.m.h View Post
    Can I just remind everybody that the

6ympl@classicapa.com

email address is not the address for submitting scores to.

Unfortunately, due to the many other things I have on at the moment, I won't be able to forward any scores received at this on.

Kind regards,

Phil

Phil at CAPA did a good job for us during the first season of this competition by sorting and publishing all of the scores (thanks Phil ) but he is unable to get involved with this second series competition and as he says above he will not be able to forward any scores to us if you send any results to the PayPal address above by mistake.

Please make sure you send your scores to George (third wheel) at 6ydmpl@gmail.com as he has taken on the task of sorting and listing the scores for us for this second season of the 6 yard MPL postal competition.

6ydmpl@gmail.com

6ydmpl@gmail.com

6ydmpl@gmail.com

6ydmpl@gmail.com
    Last edited by zooma; 10-02-2014 at 03:14 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

hi all
    Updated February scores now comming in.

Best cheesrs
    george

hes on the up!

oooh steady on at the top, bobs breaking the 200s with his "bucking bronchos"

Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    oooh steady on at the top, bobs breaking the 200s with his "bucking bronchos"
    Nice one Bob How many extra points are those lush walnut grips getting you?

ATB - Phil

LOL!! o yes they made all the difference andys making up a set for the hw45 ;being tuned for the 2015 season .

LOL!! o yes they made all the difference andys making up a set for the hw45 ;being tuned for the 2015 season .
    The next 6 yard postal series starts this July and runs through until December.

Every 6 yard MPL competition last for 6 months...why wait until 2015 to unleash your tuned HW45 ?

re next series

thing is bob im luring the men at the top into a false sense of security with the bronchos!! then it will be all change when the mighty "45" is un leashed

thing is bob im luring the men at the top into a false sense of security with the bronchos!! then it will be all change when the mighty "45" is un leashed
    You may have an even better chance of beating them up with one of your other Webley's (of the SSP type) ......

I have noticed how much shooter's hate being beaten by anything with a Webley name on it - almost like it is the final insult and certainly something that usually annoys at the very least.

The HW45 is a superb air pistol but it is not that easy to tame for precision target work in .177 but I have not tried one in .22. Which flavour is yours ?