Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 6yd mpl results

Well done Richard you have the honour of being the first one in with the March scores!!!!

Only waiting on two more scores for Feb.

Best cheers
    George

Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    LOL ,yes a priceless piece ,but truly how many of us came through this stage ;and "errr" how many of us of an evening still revisit it.
    I do
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    LOL ,yes a priceless piece ,but truly how many of us came through this stage ;and "errr" how many of us of an evening still revisit it.
    After February's lackluster effort I'm going to revisit it pretty quickly.

After watching Rickenbacker's balance of austere soviet repression + sexual tension + special effects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSW1sFMCMCs

I'm all over the place. I think it's because I tried focusing on the foresight and breathing out. But in all probability it was summat to do with that Russian bird thrusting her hips in front of the mirror.
    Robin

Quote Originally Posted by Hares Ear View Post

I'm all over the place. I think it's because I tried focusing on the foresight and breathing out. But in all probability it was summat to do with that Russian bird thrusting her hips in front of the mirror.
    DONT shoot in Russian underpants. 'Chernobyl' drop off.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Hares Ear View Post
    After February's lackluster effort I'm going to revisit it pretty quickly.

After watching Rickenbacker's balance of austere soviet repression + sexual tension + special effects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSW1sFMCMCs

lol... you need to breathe 'in' after you breathe 'out' Robin!

I love that video... can't imagine how that girl managed to get away with wearing 'blue jeans' in a 1980s official Soviet training film!!

I put my February improvement (.177) entirely down to that video.

My lack of any improvement (.22) was entirely down to my Tempest, that had stopped dieseling and so lost all it's power... I was having to adjust and aim off throughout the 'match' I need to fix or replace the thing before the end of March

ATB - Phil

Quote Originally Posted by thirdwheel View Post

Only waiting on two more scores for Feb.

Best cheers
    George
    Just emailed mine in so hopefully I'm not last

Will make effort not to be late in March

ATB John
    Cheers, John
    AA 510 AirMasters88 Reg, MTC Viper, AA 400 AirMasters88 Reg, AA TX200, Aeron BRNO B96, FWB 65, FWB 80 Walther CP88

Well done all! I've now processed all Feb scores and the threat of "detention" or clearing up my BBS posts has worked as all scores are in. Three competors have sent in their March scores and the weather is great to day so life is good!! We have both been practicing a lot at 6yd and 10m using all sorts of pistols from our collection and eating target cards and pellets, averages are rising but can we produce the goods now on comptition card when it really matters - we shall see.

Best cheers
    George

Please send scores to the correct address

Unfortunately, some shooters are still sending their scores to the 6ympl@classicapa.com address.

This isn't the address to send your scores to, and I cannot forward any scores received, as this in an address that was left open for the PayPal facility and one I do not check very often.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Quote Originally Posted by p.m.h View Post
    Unfortunately, some shooters are still sending their scores to the 6ympl@classicapa.com address.

This isn't the address to send your scores to, and I cannot forward any scores received, as this in an address that was left open for the PayPal facility and one I do not check very often.

Kind regards,

Phil
    Hi Phil,

If you would be kind enough to let us know who has sent their scores to this email address (by mistake) we can let them know that George or myself would be pleased to process their scores for them so they do not get lost.

Sorry you have been troubled.

Quote Originally Posted by p.m.h View Post

Kind regards,

Phil

Please note that we have a new permanent email address to use with our club PayPal account target@rossmod.co.uk.

This address can be used for all future 6 yard MPL postal series entry fees or spare target payments etc by PayPal, and if anyone sends their scores to it by mistake we can make sure they are safely forwarded to George so they do not get delayed or lost.
    Last edited by zooma; 13-03-2014 at 05:00 PM.

March Scores comming in and most are improving which is great.

It was going to happen sometime, my wife beat me when it mattered! We have been shooting a lot and are reading all there is to read about the sport as well as getting some top class advice on the way to go in this absorbing sport (thanks robin you are a star). We never moved out sights and just left them be and lived with movement but not any more. My wife moves hers quite a bit now and infact moved them three times yesterday over 30 shots and is now using an aiming mark that is quite low to get away from the distraction of the black, I have been down there for a while. The fwb 65 punishes me big time if I release when the gun is shaking as the recoile and shake semm to add together to create a resonance and a flyer is the product. The fwb demands stillness and the touch of a baby on the trigger. When it goes right it is superb but get it a little wrong and it rubs my nose in it!!

Best cheers
    George

Thanks Bob for letting me know that I had made a mess of an update to the results - I did not check it!!! Anyone else please feel free to let me know if you see something that is not right and I will correct it.

Hope everyone is well, I will be away From Friday until the middle of next week and I guess that is when most of March's scores will hit my email, please do not worry I will compile and post them them first thing after getting back from our little break.

Happy target shooting
    George

I shot my March 6yd MPL cards with my Feinwerkbau 103, and although it felt good (very good in fact) I think I will enjoy going back to my very basic .22 Tempest for this months competition.

Hi all
    Just back from a short break in Amsterdam. Thanks for those that have sent me their scores for March, hope to to get the rest of the scores asap to close the March table and move onto April.It is nice to see improvements - keep it up, and those that can reproduce good scores of course as that is very hard too.

Best cheers
    George

Be warned I'm going to hand out detentions and horrid tasks to those that have not sent me their scores for march, please shoot them asap so I can move on April. Well done Chris H for being the first score in for this month.

Best cheers
    George