Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 2014 6yd mpl results

Interesting post Bob... that all sounds like hard work.

Therefore I'm gonna sell off my couple of Webley springers, and use / buy something easier!

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post

Therefore I'm gonna sell off my couple of Webley springers, and use / buy something easier!
    This will be music to IJ's ears ( President of the Webley Air Pistol Fan Club).
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post

A catapult with the finest knicker elastic.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    This will be music to IJ's ears ( President of the Webley Air Pistol Fan Club).
    Whats the matter with my ears? What?
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

"lol" rick , your right of course;challenging enough to be consistently accurate without using a pistol that kicks like a mule!
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Les L has just sent in a very high score he has improved almost 100 points since February, so it can be done, you must never give up and take it seriously, it is very exciting seeing improvements like this and I hope more find the right things to do. In the right hands those hw40's sure work well but not in my hands I'm afraid!
    Les is not alone as most people are going in the right direction, guess this is what it is all about.

Big nudge - get those cards for May shot and get the scores to me then we can think about June - how time flies when you are having fun.

George

Holywell, North Wales (twinned with Trumpville)
    Thanks George, as I mentioned to you, a pistol shooting guru at my local club has been teaching me. In the last month, I have changed from right, to left handed shooting after my left eye dominance was pointed out to me for short range (not so for rifle shooting, I am right eye dominant for distance).

Also changed my stance, trigger technique, breathing regime and new aiming method. Seems to be working! I have put an awful lot of practice in this month (at least 2000 pellets) to achieve those results.

I am well and truly hooked on the pistol shooting now.
    Is there such a thing as owning too many guns?

Now pasting up results for June - the last month, how time flies when you are having fun!

Best cheers
    George

Can someone please advise me when the new season starts as I want to play too?

I presume it will be in the next month or so?

ATB

Sean
    Slowly morphing into an RWS/Diana/Original fanboy.

Definitely a springer fanboy.

Correct - watch out for Zoomer's hard sell!!!

George

Quote Originally Posted by learningcurve View Post
    Thanks George, as I mentioned to you, a pistol shooting guru at my local club has been teaching me. In the last month, I have changed from right, to left handed shooting after my left eye dominance was pointed out to me for short range (not so for rifle shooting, I am right eye dominant for distance).

Also changed my stance, trigger technique, breathing regime and new aiming method. Seems to be working! I have put an awful lot of practice in this month (at least 2000 pellets) to achieve those results.

I am well and truly hooked on the pistol shooting now.
    I see you scored a 'possible' 50 on one of your match cards.

Now that deserves some respect! Please accept these: With my compliments!

Quote Originally Posted by thirdwheel View Post
    Correct - watch out for Zoomer's hard sell!!!

George
    Funny you should mention that........check the new thread - 2014 6 Yard MPL Postal Competition Autumn/Winter

The end draws closer, getting some late scores in which is good, any excuse will do, broken trigger finger, lack of strength, forgot, ran out of pellets try and make me smile with the excuse and I will update asap.

Best cheers
    george

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

well im climbing the stairs albeit one step at a time;i saw three tens in this last set of .22 cards but im sure they put me off as immediately
    get a flyer in the wastelands of 5/6.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    well im climbing the stairs albeit one step at a time;i saw three tens in this last set of .22 cards but im sure they put me off as immediately
    get a flyer in the wastelands of 5/6.
    Three tens with an MPL .22 is worth a mention in any case

Well done

Prize for new MPL Air Rifle Competition.

Our well known BBS member Red Bob has very generously offered to manufacture a limited edition bell target to offer as a prize to be won by those that take part in the new 2014 6 yard MPL 2014 Winter Postal Competition for air rifles.

This rare example of the famous Red Bob bell target is sure to become a collectors item for the lucky winner as well as being an excellent functional bell target that can also hold your 6 yard targets for "paper punching".

The idea is to encourage and support this first new postal series for .177 MPL legal air rifles.

Pictures of this superb "one-off" example of his workmanship will be made available for everyone to see here on the BBS when it is completed during the season.

Thanks for your support Bob - I am sure everyone who enters will appreciate your effort.
    Last edited by zooma; 27-06-2014 at 06:56 AM.