Quote Originally Posted by Airbrush View Post
Yeah yeah all very interesting, hurry up & shoot the bloody thing I want to know how quiet it is?
Well as promised, here's the report.

I only had with me a load of Mini Mags and some Gecko Rifle ammo. It ate it all up (K22's seem to be very hungry) just fine, but as expected these were loud even with the moderator.

Then a kind chap called Toby gave me some CCI 40 grain round nose standard velocity. It made a huge difference to the sound, now I do know that standard stuff will obviously be quieter by it's very nature than high velocity stuff, but it was proper quiet. I could tell that the mod was doing a good job, as could two other shooters who mentioned it.

Then Toby pulled some Winchester Super X subsonics out of his range bag for me, these things were as expected even quieter, very impressed. If I was on an outdoor range instead of a 25yd indoor range it would have made even more difference. It's the tits and quieter than the Helston Gunsmiths mod on my Ruger 10-22. Granted there was a lack of "snap" when the pistol recoiled but it functioned, fed, and fired fine.

The moderator works.

Quote Originally Posted by airgunnut View Post
Bet it will be quieter if the silencer extended past the muzzle by about 1"
It doesn't need the extra 1" at all, it's pretty impressive.