Thread: K22 Long Barrel Pistol from Caledonian Classic Arms- initial review plus Youtube vid

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Airbrush View Post
    Pick it up today & I must say first impressions are I'm very pleased with the build quality & it looks much better in real life.

Hopefully get to shoot it on tuesday evening.
    Nice

Yours should be a bit more ammo tolerant than mine as you've gone for the lightweight slide. Bang a micro red dot on there too and you're in buisness You know you want to......

http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps54642276.jpg

Only mount that's readily available that isn't airsoft is the F.A.B. Usm rail (being F.A.B., it's cheap but heavier than it needs to be), which isn't a good fit. You'll have to either file the rails on the inside of the mount (the route I went), or whack the mount onto the frame rail which will reform the rail on the pistol.

This is due to the K22 rail being slightly out of spec and slightly larger than picatinny size.

Once mounted you can still use irons and the balance isn't too bad either. Plus it looks pretty sweet.

Get yourself some 13 or 19 round mags mate, better than the 10 rounders. They are getting hard to find unfortunately.

I'm experimenting with some stainless steel scouring pad (not brillo type but the coarser stuff that looks to be made up of flat twisted ribbon), packed into the moderator expansion chamber. As the actual bore itself won't come into contact with the packing there is no risk of bullet strike, and such material is commonly used in the U.S.. I'll post back once I've tested it out, as I'm hoping it could help moderator effectiveness by further slowing down the expanding gasses. As you probably know the whisper moderator doesn't have any baffles, so I'm theorizing that the packing will hopefully act in a similar manner to baffles. If it doesn't, it wouldn't cause any damage anyway and I'll just remove it if uneffective.

http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps80361e7b.jpg
    Last edited by Hairydavey; 06-09-2014 at 11:32 AM.