Thread: K22 Long Barrel Pistol from Caledonian Classic Arms- initial review plus Youtube vid

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Paul

Caledonian Classic Arms are the importer - just google them, website comes up right away.
    No, I didn't get to see it "in the flesh" before buying, but I met Scott and Feroza of Caledonian Classics at a club near Oldham to pick up the gun and they didn't charge my credit card until afterwards, so almost the same thing.

I did research the K22 and it's parent gun in detail before buying. All reviews/comments I read were positive.

I'll be doing another vid soon showing how to fit a Fab Defense universal pistol mount and reflex sight, keep an eye on the Youtube channel.

They will be releasing 20 round conversion kits for the mags soon, to take them from the standard 13 rounds. I'll do a video on that when they're available.

Cheers!
    PaulM
    NSRA and NRA qualified RCO.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by arsefactor View Post
    Hi Paul

Caledonian Classic Arms are the importer - just google them, website comes up right away.
    No, I didn't get to see it "in the flesh" before buying, but I met Scott and Feroza of Caledonian Classics at a club near Oldham to pick up the gun and they didn't charge my credit card until afterwards, so almost the same thing.

I did research the K22 and it's parent gun in detail before buying. All reviews/comments I read were positive.

I'll be doing another vid soon showing how to fit a Fab Defense universal pistol mount and reflex sight, keep an eye on the Youtube channel.

They will be releasing 20 round conversion kits for the mags soon, to take them from the standard 13 rounds. I'll do a video on that when they're available.

Cheers!
    PaulM
    Thanks for getting back to me, Paul. If you let me know when you post the clip, I'll have a look.

Cheers. Paul

I've just posted another vid showing the magazines in more detail.

Working on a vid for fitting a reflex sight with a universal pistol mount. Takes a bit of fettling, need to test on a live range and I can't get there until Sunday. I'll update afterwards.

If you want to handle a K22, they will be at the shooting show next month.

Cheers!

Just remember to keep the barrel well oiled. I had a very thin layer on mine and it's started to rust already.
    Apparently "Zombie Apocalypse" isn't a good reason to acquire.

Quote Originally Posted by arsefactor View Post
    I've just posted another vid showing the magazines in more detail.

Working on a vid for fitting a reflex sight with a universal pistol mount. Takes a bit of fettling, need to test on a live range and I can't get there until Sunday. I'll update afterwards.

If you want to handle a K22, they will be at the shooting show next month.

Cheers!
    Thanks for the heads up.

I tried to get across to see Scott while I was in Glasgow earlier this week, but they are at the SHOT show, so I've arranged to see them at the shooting show in Feb.

Hopefully I'll be able to see, feel and buy one. while I'm there.

I look forward to the next video.

Cheers. Paul

Picked mine up yesterday and I'm very impressed, handles superbly.

Mine is the whisper version and from what I can tell from pics and the op's vid, the standard and whisper versions seem to use the same shroud on the barrel. I very much doubt that you could ever tell the difference without taking the shroud off as even the end cap looks identical.

The moderator is very simple, several holes in the barrel to vent gasses, a small aluminum tube which fits over the barrel and forces gasses down the flutes cut in the barrel, into an expansion chamber with a thick washer and spring, no baffles as such. Looks to be very easy to clean. Somebody really thought about the design.

Also my magazines have a button protrusion on the mag follower so you can pull the follower down with your thumb to make mag loading easier.

If I have one complaint about the gun, its the finish on the barrel. It looks almost dark brown in colour, similar to finishes I have seen sometimes on cast alloy parts, and it does scratch easily when removing the slide for cleaning.

I cannot wait to get to the club next week to "break it in"!
    Last edited by Hairydavey; 15-02-2014 at 07:37 AM.

Airbrush Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairydavey View Post
    Picked mine up yesterday and I'm very impressed, handles superbly.

Mine is the whisper version and from what I can tell from pics and the op's vid, the standard and whisper versions seem to use the same shroud on the barrel. I very much doubt that you could ever tell the difference without taking the shroud off as even the end cap looks identical.

The moderator is very simple, several holes in the barrel to vent gasses, a small aluminum tube which fits over the barrel and forces gasses down the flutes cut in the barrel, into an expansion chamber with a thick washer and spring, no baffles as such. Looks to be very easy to clean. Somebody really thought about the design.

Also my magazines have a button protrusion on the mag follower so you can pull the follower down with your thumb to make mag loading easier.

If I have one complaint about the gun, its the finish on the barrel. It looks almost dark brown in colour, similar to finishes I have seen sometimes on cast alloy parts, and it does scratch easily when removing the slide for cleaning.

I cannot wait to get to the club next week to "break it in"!
    Cool, I'm interested in the Whisper, let us know how effective the moderator is.

K22 lbp - fitting a red dot sight video

Scott and Feroza were doing roaring business at the show on Friday, very busy.

I posted a follow up video on fitting a universal pistol mount and a mini red dot sight recently.

If anyone wants to see it, link is here : http://youtu.be/g_-suwfyoKg

Scott has confirmed that if the mount nips the lower frame in too much then you can just remove a bit of material from inside the frame, it's only there as a dust guard. I explain this in the video.

Thanks
    Paul M.

Quote Originally Posted by Airbrush View Post
    Cool, I'm interested in the Whisper, let us know how effective the moderator is.
    Will do, I'll take a pic of the guts of the moderator and post a link here when I get time

I've just picked up a brick of mini mags so I'll see if I can scrounge some different ammo types when I pop down the range.

Yet to fire it, but so far I've zero regrets. Its lovely, and Scott and Feroza are fantastic people to deal with.

Got Me One

I brought one of these at the British Shooting Show.
    I went down on Friday morning to have a look at the different versions and got the last "X Trim Plus" they had in stock. Another guy turned up to buy one ten minutes later, so I almost missed out.
    I bumped into Paul (Person that started this thread) at the Show & had a good chat with him as I was looking at the K22.
    I was originally going to buy a 1911 LBP, but had seen mixed reviews on the build quality. I have only seen good reports on these.
    I have shot the Firearm twice since purchase.
    The first time I used Eley Clubs, which the K22 did not like, I had a few light strikes & a few fail to chamber correctly.
    When I got the firearm home I took it apart to clean it (Very easy to do) and I found that it had the two springs already fitted on the slide?
    One larger & one narrower spring fitted together (the springs can be separated) . I had read on Forums that the Firearm comes with two springs, one for standard & one for HV Ammo. So I rang Scott to see if I should only be using one of the springs.
    He told me that the new K22's are fitted with both springs from the factory & that is how they are meant to be shot.
    He recommended using CCI Mini Mags or Blazer with my K22.
    The next time I went back to the range I used CCI Mini Mags. These shot much better only one light strike. The K22 appears to prefer HV Ammo.
    After adjusting the sights I was consistently able to hit a six inch paint target from the firing line (30 Yards) using a rest. The sights are good but I don't think they are designed for shooting at very long distances as the slightest movement in the firearm will alter where the shot falls at that distance.
    The K22 comes with the new easy to load 10 round Mags, I like these I brought a spare one at the show along with one of the new extended Mags. (I haven't tried this one yet)
    Overall I am very pleased with my purchase. The quality of the Firearm is brilliant. I think when I have used it more it will bed in nicely.
    The only problem I have is that when my wife agreed that I could buy it now, the condition was that once its tested shown to be working OK and sighted in, I was to leave it in the gun cabinet till June as that's when my birthday is. The K22 will be my birthday present.
    But I'm hoping to be able to sneak it out a few times before then.

Have you seen the new Carbon Fibre barrel shroud that someone is offering for sale on Gun Star for the K22.
    Very very nice but £80 not cheap!

Update

Been down the range again today.
    Can now use my K22 as its my birthday this week.
    Joined three other club members shooting turning targets at 15yards.
    Put 150 rounds of CCI Mini Mags through it.
    Only had one round that wouldnt chamber.

Saved the last 20 rounds for shooting at 30 yards off a rest.

Got a two inch group!!

Click on photo link below.

http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010040...22301952084670