Thread: K22 Long Barrel Pistol from Caledonian Classic Arms- initial review plus Youtube vid

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've just ordered one through my Rfd. I've gone for the whisper version (integral moderator) along with the x trim slide and the plus pack (enlarged mag catch and angled extended safety, comp trigger).

I went for the whisper as though I'm well aware that the non moderated version will be less ammo fussy, I will be using it mostly in my clubs indoor range which is rather small. That and a "silenced pistol" just sounds so damn funky!

Getting fed up of constantly staring at pictures of K22's now and rather wishing mine would hurry up and get here!

What are the legal restrictions on a silenced pistol..?? I'd have thought there are some....do you need a slot for the moderator.??

I really like these since I saw them at Phoenix, just wish i hadn't jumped the gun(!!) and bought a TSC1911....

When I picked mine up another chap was collecting the whisper version, so we both had a good look at it.

The barrel on the whisper is ported with multiple small holes drilled into the barrel for gas venting. The shroud is about the same but with an extra tube of aluminium inside to allow for better gas flow.

Unfortunately we couldn't shoot it at the time so I'm unable to say how much quieter it is. Caledonian do point out that it should be properly though - think of all the gasses condensing in the shroud. 10 seconds to strip for cleaning though.
    NSRA and NRA qualified RCO.

Quote Originally Posted by arsefactor View Post
    When I picked mine up another chap was collecting the whisper version, so we both had a good look at it.
    As for how much quieter it actually is, I believe that the answer to this might be in some way connected with the name of this model.

Could be wrong, tho'.

tac

Quote Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
    What are the legal restrictions on a silenced pistol..?? I'd have thought there are some....do you need a slot for the moderator.??

I really like these since I saw them at Phoenix, just wish i hadn't jumped the gun(!!) and bought a TSC1911....
    You only require a slot for a ".22lr long barreled pistol". The sound moderator is integral to the whisper ie: built into the gun rather than as a seperate item. Therefore no second slot for a moderator is required.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairydavey View Post
    You only require a slot for a ".22lr long barreled pistol". The sound moderator is integral to the whisper ie: built into the gun rather than as a seperate item. Therefore no second slot for a moderator is required.
    Oh damn.......anyone want to buy a hardly used TSC1911, 3 mags, adjustable sights.....???

k22 xtrim

Quote Originally Posted by Hairydavey View Post
    Aside from the whisper does the xtrim need a separate slot for what looks like a moderator or is it simply a shroud as explained