Thread: K22 Long Barrel Pistol from Caledonian Classic Arms- initial review plus Youtube vid

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Picked mine up yesterday and I'm very impressed, handles superbly.

Mine is the whisper version and from what I can tell from pics and the op's vid, the standard and whisper versions seem to use the same shroud on the barrel. I very much doubt that you could ever tell the difference without taking the shroud off as even the end cap looks identical.

The moderator is very simple, several holes in the barrel to vent gasses, a small aluminum tube which fits over the barrel and forces gasses down the flutes cut in the barrel, into an expansion chamber with a thick washer and spring, no baffles as such. Looks to be very easy to clean. Somebody really thought about the design.

Also my magazines have a button protrusion on the mag follower so you can pull the follower down with your thumb to make mag loading easier.

If I have one complaint about the gun, its the finish on the barrel. It looks almost dark brown in colour, similar to finishes I have seen sometimes on cast alloy parts, and it does scratch easily when removing the slide for cleaning.

I cannot wait to get to the club next week to "break it in"!
    Last edited by Hairydavey; 15-02-2014 at 07:37 AM.