Thread: K22 Long Barrel Pistol from Caledonian Classic Arms- initial review plus Youtube vid

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

X Trim update

Hi Guys just an update about me & my X Trim.

From day one I have struggled with shooting my X Trim not from any issues with the gun but from old age!

As a “senior” practical pistol shooter from before the 97 ban I really enjoyed my pistol shooting and when the X trim first came on the scene I took the plunge and bought one even though you have to put up with a very long barrel and that stupid rod hanging out the back.

I have to say that although the barrel & the rod get in the way when you are on the range, once that buzzer goes off and you start shooting you don't really notice it.

The problem I have had is with my tired old eyes, if I put my reading glasses on I can see the sights perfectly but the targets are a complete blur and when I put my proper glasses on I can see the targets but not the sights.

The answer to my problem came in the form of the new mini red dot sight mount from.

http://www.customguns.co.uk/shop-pag...-mount/9700063

As I already had a Shield Mini Red Dot Sight sitting in the drawer, it was just a case of removing the original sight and fitting the new mount and then the sight on top.

And then off to the range to sight it in which took all of 5 mins, I have to say I was amazed with the results I was able to shoot much faster, tighter groups almost straight away.

The trouble is when I miss now I have no more excuses it's all down to me and the lack of trigger control.

Back in the days before the 97 ban I tried shooting my pistols with red dots on but I could never find the dot as back then the mounts were always to high, but with this new mount and Shield mini red dot it's as close to the bore line as physically possible so I found it easier to pick up the red dot.

I tried to take some pics of the set up but I think my daughter has been messing with my camera as the pics all look blurred to me!

I will try and add them if i can asap. Cheers

XTrim plus whisper

Based on all these rave reviews and input from other BBS members I've decided to go for an Xtrim with the integrated moderator. Just wanted to ask before ordering, does the moderator slow down the action and is it more sensitive to ammo?

Many thanks