Thread: K22 Long Barrel Pistol from Caledonian Classic Arms- initial review plus Youtube vid

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    To make cleaning easier I use a small amount of bearing grease on the inside of the mod end caps where they slip over the barrel, and a small amount on the muzzle thread (and I do mean a small amount). Helps removing those caps a lot easier after firing.

As for the inner mod tube, I ditched that, the spring, and the washer. I use a tube consisting of fine bronze mesh (roughly 150 holes per inch or finer) rolled several times over the ported portion of the barrel which I have small zip ties holding it together. Hard to explain (I'll take a pic at some point), but I personally think it's more effective than the original design and makes the gun easier to clean. Many older mod/suppressor designs used mesh so it's not a new idea.

The later whispers don't use an inner tube etc at all, the barrel is ported only just back from the muzzle and the whole mod body works as a big expansion chamber in a similar manner to a reflex mod. Pics of both older and newer whisper mod guts are in Airbrushes and my own posts one or two pages back in this thread.
    Last edited by Hairydavey; 19-01-2015 at 12:18 AM.