Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: K22 Long Barrel Pistol from Caledonian Classic Arms- initial review plus Youtube vid

Mine's easier to shoot accurately without the shround.
    When I collected the pistol from Scott he said that most users use them with the shroud off.
    NSRA and NRA qualified RCO.

Quote Originally Posted by Frag Muppet View Post
    I brought one of these at the British Shooting Show.
    I went down on Friday morning to have a look at the different versions and got the last "X Trim Plus" they had in stock. Another guy turned up to buy one ten minutes later, so I almost missed out.
    I bumped into Paul (Person that started this thread) at the Show & had a good chat with him as I was looking at the K22.
    I was originally going to buy a 1911 LBP, but had seen mixed reviews on the build quality. I have only seen good reports on these.
    I have shot the Firearm twice since purchase.
    The first time I used Eley Clubs, which the K22 did not like, I had a few light strikes & a few fail to chamber correctly.
    When I got the firearm home I took it apart to clean it (Very easy to do) and I found that it had the two springs already fitted on the slide?
    One larger & one narrower spring fitted together (the springs can be separated) . I had read on Forums that the Firearm comes with two springs, one for standard & one for HV Ammo. So I rang Scott to see if I should only be using one of the springs.
    He told me that the new K22's are fitted with both springs from the factory & that is how they are meant to be shot.
    He recommended using CCI Mini Mags or Blazer with my K22.
    The next time I went back to the range I used CCI Mini Mags. These shot much better only one light strike. The K22 appears to prefer HV Ammo.
    After adjusting the sights I was consistently able to hit a six inch paint target from the firing line (30 Yards) using a rest. The sights are good but I don't think they are designed for shooting at very long distances as the slightest movement in the firearm will alter where the shot falls at that distance.
    The K22 comes with the new easy to load 10 round Mags, I like these I brought a spare one at the show along with one of the new extended Mags. (I haven't tried this one yet)
    Overall I am very pleased with my purchase. The quality of the Firearm is brilliant. I think when I have used it more it will bed in nicely.
    The only problem I have is that when my wife agreed that I could buy it now, the condition was that once its tested shown to be working OK and sighted in, I was to leave it in the gun cabinet till June as that's when my birthday is. The K22 will be my birthday present.
    But I'm hoping to be able to sneak it out a few times before then.
    Hi FM ive just put a deposit down on the x trim and waiting for a my variation to come back. I noted that the Eley Club did not perform well and as i have shoot them through My CZ452 with no problem thought they could be used in the K22. What ammo did you find worked ok in the end. Ive seen pauls utubes and he has put pretty much everything through his with no problem

Cheers
    BSA Ultra 1.77, Grand Power K22 .22 Pistol, CZ452 Thumbstock .22LR, Marlin .44 Magnum Underleaver, Taurus .44 Magnum

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzak View Post
    Hi FM ive just put a deposit down on the x trim and waiting for a my variation to come back. I noted that the Eley Club did not perform well and as i have shoot them through My CZ452 with no problem thought they could be used in the K22. What ammo did you find worked ok in the end. Ive seen pauls utubes and he has put pretty much everything through his with no problem

Cheers
    It seemed to prefer high velocity ammo
    I was using CCI Mini Mags, shot great with these!

The Firearm did have both the springs on the slide at the time.
    ( According to Scott that's the way the new K22's leave the factory & that's how there meant to be shot with both springs fitted! )

But other people that have got them, are just using the weaker single spring to cycle sub-sonic ammo.
    I haven't tried this yet but I think it will work as there will be less resistance on the slide going back.

Im hoping to sneak mine out again soon when the wifes not around.

Stuart

I bought an X-Trim L22 a couple of weeks back, and have tested functioning with several types of target ammunition. Mine has two springs in it, as is now standard. Results:

RWS Target Rifle No issues
    Lapua Midas+ No issues
    Eley Tenex No issues
    Eley Match Slide failed to lock once
    Eley Match Pistol Slide failed to lock once
    CCI Standard No issues (5 rounds only)
    RWS Geco No issues (5 rounds only)

I will be using RWS Target Rifle in it quite a bit, because that's what I feed my Ruger 10/22. However, I'll also do more testing to determine the most accurate round.

For those considering buying one of these: it really does feel and handle like a pistol; it is so light that it can be used one-handed, just as in the old days. Great fun!

David.

Hi

( According to Scott that's the way the new K22's leave the factory & that's how there meant to be shot with both springs fitted! )

But other people that have got them, are just using the weaker single spring to cycle sub-sonic ammo.
    I haven't tried this yet but I think it will work as there will be less resistance on the slide going back.

Stuart
    I picked up my X-trim last year at the Pheonix meet, mine only came with the bigger stronger spring and it worked a treat with MiniMags.

When i tried other ammo it wasn't so good, when i contacted Scott he sent me the smaller lighter spring so i just swapped them over and it worked fine with CCI standard.

I cant get my head around using both springs at the same time for standard ammo?

I think i need to talk with Scott again!

Red face

Stuart
    Yeah just got back from the club and one of the guys there shoots his with just then one spring, not sure which one. Anyway its a shame you have to wait for your birthday. Me thinks it may take a while to set that beauty up ay
    BSA Ultra 1.77, Grand Power K22 .22 Pistol, CZ452 Thumbstock .22LR, Marlin .44 Magnum Underleaver, Taurus .44 Magnum

I do actually fancy one of these. Not sure which one to go for. I saw them at the shooting show and was very impressed.

Update

Been down the range again today.
    Can now use my K22 as its my birthday this week.
    Joined three other club members shooting turning targets at 15yards.
    Put 150 rounds of CCI Mini Mags through it.
    Only had one round that wouldnt chamber.

Saved the last 20 rounds for shooting at 30 yards off a rest.

Got a two inch group!!

Click on photo link below.

http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010040...22301952084670

Airbrush Guest
    Question for the guys who've had this pistol for a while now.

Any reliability issues after serious use?

Ta.

No issues, running fine.

Round count - about 2,000, mostly CCI standard with the odd box of Geco standard.
    NSRA and NRA qualified RCO.

Thumbs up XTrim+......

Hi all,

Shot my second match with my Xtrim+ today, I am `over the moon` with it, its my 3rd LBP ( I`ve had a Buckmark and a IJ 1911 ), and its the first one that I seem to `Gel` with!! everything is right for me, No hang-ups at all using Cheapo Federal Champion HV, I have put about 1800 rds. through it and its getting smoother all the time.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ps143bdb61.jpg
    RR

Thumbs up XTrim+

Hi

Bought mine at the Phoenix meet in May and have to say it handles Brill!!

Just Love the Satin Chrome slide

RR
    Last edited by rimfire-rebel; 10-07-2014 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Again duplcated

Airbrush Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by arsefactor View Post
    No issues, running fine.

Round count - about 2,000, mostly CCI standard with the odd box of Geco standard.
    Thanks Paul, the reason I was asking is a mate knows of a few at his club who are having reliability problems.

I tend to get through a lot of ammo in a .22 semi auto fun gun & don't fancy spending nearly a £1k on a gun which is going to spit the dummy after a few thousand rounds.

Once I ditched the 10 round magazines and bought the extended 19 rounders, my pistol has been very reliable with CCI standard and Minimags. I've put around 800 rounds (mostly Minimags) through mine so far.

I still point my finger at the 10 round magazines for my initial reliability problems, mine are gash and just live in the cupboard now. My 10 rounders have poorly moulded mag bodies which bow inwards and pinch the followers, recoil springs which were far too strong, and even with the insides of the mags sanded, the followers would still stick when feeding ammo. Had none of these issues with the extended ones (read also includes original 13 round mags as same body used for these and extended, 10 round mag bodies completely different.).

Sounds like all are happy with these no one at our club has got one yet, I may be the first.
    However the old question comes up with these have you got them on a standard .22 slot as a carbine following the recent case that indicated that Long barreled pistols were not defined in the legislation or are you all applying for a Long barrelled pistol slot on your FAC with all the restrictions on others using it that follows?
    Regards Optomist