Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: K22 Long Barrel Pistol from Caledonian Classic Arms- initial review plus Youtube vid

K22 lbp - fitting a red dot sight video

Scott and Feroza were doing roaring business at the show on Friday, very busy.

I posted a follow up video on fitting a universal pistol mount and a mini red dot sight recently.

If anyone wants to see it, link is here : http://youtu.be/g_-suwfyoKg

Scott has confirmed that if the mount nips the lower frame in too much then you can just remove a bit of material from inside the frame, it's only there as a dust guard. I explain this in the video.

Thanks
    Paul M.
    NSRA and NRA qualified RCO.

Excellent Paul.. thanks for that..

Only problem now is I want one even more..!!

Definitely time to get rid of something from my FAC and see about getting another LBP slot...

Daryll

Quote Originally Posted by Airbrush View Post
    Cool, I'm interested in the Whisper, let us know how effective the moderator is.
    Will do, I'll take a pic of the guts of the moderator and post a link here when I get time

I've just picked up a brick of mini mags so I'll see if I can scrounge some different ammo types when I pop down the range.

Yet to fire it, but so far I've zero regrets. Its lovely, and Scott and Feroza are fantastic people to deal with.

This is what the guts of the Whisper moderator look like;

http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps80361e7b.jpg

The barrel on the whisper has 5 holes drilled in each flute on the barrel portion that is covered by the moderator shroud. An aluminium tube fits over the barrel and extends about 2/3rds of the way down, then there is a large thick washer and spring. On firing, the holes vent the gasses which are then directed down the flutes towards the muzzle by the aluminium tube, into the expansion chamber which comprises of the large washer and shroud end cap (the spring seems to be there just to keep the washer in place).
    Last edited by Hairydavey; 21-02-2014 at 12:18 PM.

Airbrush Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairydavey View Post
    This is what the guts of the Whisper moderator look like;

http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps80361e7b.jpg

The barrel on the whisper has 5 holes drilled in each flute on the barrel portion that is covered by the moderator shroud. An aluminium tube fits over the barrel and extends about 2/3rds of the way down, then there is a large thick washer and spring. On firing, the holes vent the gasses which are then directed down the flutes towards the muzzle by the aluminium tube, into the expansion chamber which comprises of the large washer and shroud end cap (the spring seems to be there just to keep the washer in place).
    Yeah yeah all very interesting, hurry up & shoot the bloody thing I want to know how quiet it is?

You'll have to wait until Thursday!

Yeah yeah all very interesting, hurry up & shoot the bloody thing I want to know how quiet it is?
    Bet it will be quieter if the silencer extended past the muzzle by about 1"
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php

Well as promised, here's the report.

I only had with me a load of Mini Mags and some Gecko Rifle ammo. It ate it all up (K22's seem to be very hungry) just fine, but as expected these were loud even with the moderator.

Then a kind chap called Toby gave me some CCI 40 grain round nose standard velocity. It made a huge difference to the sound, now I do know that standard stuff will obviously be quieter by it's very nature than high velocity stuff, but it was proper quiet. I could tell that the mod was doing a good job, as could two other shooters who mentioned it.

Then Toby pulled some Winchester Super X subsonics out of his range bag for me, these things were as expected even quieter, very impressed. If I was on an outdoor range instead of a 25yd indoor range it would have made even more difference. It's the tits and quieter than the Helston Gunsmiths mod on my Ruger 10-22. Granted there was a lack of "snap" when the pistol recoiled but it functioned, fed, and fired fine.

The moderator works.

Quote Originally Posted by airgunnut View Post
    Bet it will be quieter if the silencer extended past the muzzle by about 1"
    It doesn't need the extra 1" at all, it's pretty impressive.

Airbrush Guest
    Well as promised, here's the report.

I only had with me a load of Mini Mags and some Gecko Rifle ammo. It ate it all up (K22's seem to be very hungry) just fine, but as expected these were loud even with the moderator.

Then a kind chap called Toby gave me some CCI 40 grain round nose standard velocity. It made a huge difference to the sound, now I do know that standard stuff will obviously be quieter by it's very nature than high velocity stuff, but it was proper quiet. I could tell that the mod was doing a good job, as could two other shooters who mentioned it.

Then Toby pulled some Winchester Super X subsonics out of his range bag for me, these things were as expected even quieter, very impressed. If I was on an outdoor range instead of a 25yd indoor range it would have made even more difference. It's the tits and quieter than the Helston Gunsmiths mod on my Ruger 10-22. Granted there was a lack of "snap" when the pistol recoiled but it functioned, fed, and fired fine.

The moderator works.

It doesn't need the extra 1" at all, it's pretty impressive.
    Nice one mate thanks.

Btw you did listen to it without ear defenders didn't you?

Nice one mate thanks.

Btw you did listen to it without ear defenders didn't you?
    Indeed I did It was worth the extra for the mod personally, and the gun isn't as ammo fussy as I expected so far though I've only tried four types to date.

A lot of carbon does get trapped in the flutes but on the whole the mod part is easy to clean.

k22 xtrim

You only require a slot for a ".22lr long barreled pistol". The sound moderator is integral to the whisper ie: built into the gun rather than as a seperate item. Therefore no second slot for a moderator is required.
    Aside from the whisper does the xtrim need a separate slot for what looks like a moderator or is it simply a shroud as explained

Grand Power Xtrim

Put a deposit on one of these today as just sent of for a variation. The guy had 8 in stock at the beginning of the week of all specs and when we went he had 5 left. We only popped out for a coffee for 20 minutes while they priced up our possible exchanges. Mine was a ROHM Twinmaster match which they offered £160 for so obviously i declined. Anyway back to the K22. I saw one being shot up our club last week and the guy who had just bought it could not stop grinning. I didnt get a chance to shoot it as i was busy trying out a M&P 15-22. when we returned back to the shop they had already sold 2 in 20 minutes. A word of advice, I had the guy bring all that was left out so that i could try the trigger which all had match fitted and i was surprised at the difference between the release on them so if you buy one of these and they have more than one in stock make sure you do the same. After all you are spending £850+ for it. Here is mine cant wait to get it up the range

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/z...psdf1c0706.jpg

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzak View Post
    Put a deposit on one of these today as just sent of for a variation. The guy had 8 in stock at the beginning of the week of all specs and when we went he had 5 left. We only popped out for a coffee for 20 minutes while they priced up our possible exchanges. Mine was a ROHM Twinmaster match which they offered £160 for so obviously i declined. Anyway back to the K22. I saw one being shot up our club last week and the guy who had just bought it could not stop grinning. I didnt get a chance to shoot it as i was busy trying out a M&P 15-22. when we returned back to the shop they had already sold 2 in 20 minutes. A word of advice, I had the guy bring all that was left out so that i could try the trigger which all had match fitted and i was surprised at the difference between the release on them so if you buy one of these and they have more than one in stock make sure you do the same. After all you are spending £850+ for it. Here is mine cant wait to get it up the range

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/z...psdf1c0706.jpg
    Hi Nice one ! It looks like they have changed the mags from the original type, or are they the extra capacity ones ?

Good luck with your purchase.

Current mags only hold 10 rounds and have a button on the mag follower for easier loading, the originals hold 13. I have the 10 round ones and I had to do a bit of filing on the inside of the mags and on the sides of the followers as I found they would bind up a lot.

Got two of the new 20 round mags on the way The high capacity ones have a large delrin bump pad on the bottom of the mag.

Hi

Current mags only hold 10 rounds and have a button on the mag follower for easier loading, the originals hold 13. I have the 10 round ones and I had to do a bit of filing on the inside of the mags and on the sides of the followers as I found they would bind up a lot.

Got two of the new 20 round mags on the way The high capacity ones have a large delrin bump pad on the bottom of the mag.
    Thanks for the info! I didn't know they did 10 rnd mags all mine are 13.

I am waiting for more info on the new red dot system i am going to call Scott tomorrow