Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: K22 Long Barrel Pistol from Caledonian Classic Arms- initial review plus Youtube vid

Hi Stonecutter

They are 10,s magazine. they do a 19 which i think he said were about £30. he had sold the last one though. I am also looking forward o the red dot system. Our shop didnt know when it was coming out. just off to see arsefactors utube fitting of his pistol mount and red dot

cheers

dazza
    BSA Ultra 1.77, Grand Power K22 .22 Pistol, CZ452 Thumbstock .22LR, Marlin .44 Magnum Underleaver, Taurus .44 Magnum

Quote Originally Posted by Hairydavey View Post
    Current mags only hold 10 rounds and have a button on the mag follower for easier loading, the originals hold 13. I have the 10 round ones and I had to do a bit of filing on the inside of the mags and on the sides of the followers as I found they would bind up a lot.

Got two of the new 20 round mags on the way The high capacity ones have a large delrin bump pad on the bottom of the mag.
    Hi There do you mind me asking how much you paid for the 20 round mags?

Cheers
    BSA Ultra 1.77, Grand Power K22 .22 Pistol, CZ452 Thumbstock .22LR, Marlin .44 Magnum Underleaver, Taurus .44 Magnum

I ordered mine from Master Class Custom Guns although Valley Arms also have them.

They come as either the complete mag at £50 or as an upgrade kit at £22, but the kit only works with the 13 round mags. Those of us with the 10 round mags with the button on the follower have to buy the whole magazine unfortunately.

I ordered mine from Master Class Custom Guns although Valley Arms also have them.

They come as either the complete mag at £50 or as an upgrade kit at £22, but the kit only works with the 13 round mags. Those of us with the 10 round mags with the button on the follower have to buy the whole magazine unfortunately.
    ok thanks for that ill take a look

Dazza

My 19 round extended mags turned up today. My initial impressions are very good

The extended mags are simply a 13 round magazine with the delrin (posh pretty unbreakable plastic) magazine bumper and rubber washer attached to the bottom. The delrin bumper is hollowed out to allow the spring and magazine follower extra travel in order to increase the magazine capacity.

10 and 19 round mags side by side:

http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps0d34a595.jpg

The magazine bumper/extension is well finished. It's not just been moulded and stuck on, but has been finished by machine and has a Caledonian Classic Arms logo etched onto its rear. The base has been turned on a lathe.

http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps0c049913.jpg

http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps887bfb8b.jpg

http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/a...psfbc0fe5d.jpg

If you got 13 round magazines with your pistols then you have lucked in as you will only need the upgrade kit, which is less than half the price of a complete extended magazine.

Bad news for 10 round mag owners (these are the mags with the buttons on the followers), the magazine bodies and followers are of completely different dimensions internally and will not fit, you'll have to buy the entire magazine!

Comparing them to the 10 round magazines that came with my pistol is like comparing night and day. The mag follower is nice and smooth, and the channel which the spring and front of the follower rides in appears to have been finished by hand, as I can see file marks which have ground down any raised moulding to prevent the spring and follower from binding against the magazine body. The 10 round magazine body is shiny whereas the extended magazine (also read the 13 round mag on which it's based) are a matt finish and less cheap looking to the eye.

The more I look at these mags, the more I have come to the conclusion that the 10 round magazines currently supplied with the pistol are junk. I had to do a lot of fitting in order to make the followers run smoothly, and these magazines which are based on the original 13 round mag are streets ahead. Granted, my 10 round magazines may have been lemons, but to have three magazines all subpar from new is a lot of lemons!

That isn't Caledonian Classic Arms fault, they have been excellent to deal with and I would recommend them to anyone, the problems I had with the original 10 rounders were to do with design and build issues.

These are a good buy in my eyes, I'll give them a run in at the range Thursday. I feel quite confident that these will run well.
    Last edited by Hairydavey; 04-03-2014 at 06:22 PM.

Take a look at this version.

http://www.grandpower.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13

looks about right to me.

Mike
    If ignorance is bliss why isnt the world full of happy people ??

http://www.phoenixshooters.co.uk/

Got Me One

I brought one of these at the British Shooting Show.
    I went down on Friday morning to have a look at the different versions and got the last "X Trim Plus" they had in stock. Another guy turned up to buy one ten minutes later, so I almost missed out.
    I bumped into Paul (Person that started this thread) at the Show & had a good chat with him as I was looking at the K22.
    I was originally going to buy a 1911 LBP, but had seen mixed reviews on the build quality. I have only seen good reports on these.
    I have shot the Firearm twice since purchase.
    The first time I used Eley Clubs, which the K22 did not like, I had a few light strikes & a few fail to chamber correctly.
    When I got the firearm home I took it apart to clean it (Very easy to do) and I found that it had the two springs already fitted on the slide?
    One larger & one narrower spring fitted together (the springs can be separated) . I had read on Forums that the Firearm comes with two springs, one for standard & one for HV Ammo. So I rang Scott to see if I should only be using one of the springs.
    He told me that the new K22's are fitted with both springs from the factory & that is how they are meant to be shot.
    He recommended using CCI Mini Mags or Blazer with my K22.
    The next time I went back to the range I used CCI Mini Mags. These shot much better only one light strike. The K22 appears to prefer HV Ammo.
    After adjusting the sights I was consistently able to hit a six inch paint target from the firing line (30 Yards) using a rest. The sights are good but I don't think they are designed for shooting at very long distances as the slightest movement in the firearm will alter where the shot falls at that distance.
    The K22 comes with the new easy to load 10 round Mags, I like these I brought a spare one at the show along with one of the new extended Mags. (I haven't tried this one yet)
    Overall I am very pleased with my purchase. The quality of the Firearm is brilliant. I think when I have used it more it will bed in nicely.
    The only problem I have is that when my wife agreed that I could buy it now, the condition was that once its tested shown to be working OK and sighted in, I was to leave it in the gun cabinet till June as that's when my birthday is. The K22 will be my birthday present.
    But I'm hoping to be able to sneak it out a few times before then.

Got Me One!

I brought one of these at the British Shooting Show.
    I went down on Friday morning to have a look at the different versions and got the last "X Trim Plus" they had in stock. Another guy turned up to buy one ten minutes later, so I almost missed out.
    I bumped into Paul (Person that started this thread) at the Show & had a good chat with him as I was looking at the K22.
    I was originally going to buy a 1911 LBP, but had seen mixed reviews on the build quality. I have only seen good reports on these.
    I have shot the Firearm twice since purchase.
    The first time I used Eley Clubs, which the K22 did not like, I had a few light strikes & a few fail to chamber correctly.
    When I got the firearm home I took it apart to clean it (Very easy to do) and I found that it had the two springs already fitted on the slide?
    One larger & one narrower spring fitted together (the springs can be separated) . I had read on Forums that the Firearm comes with two springs, one for standard & one for HV Ammo. So I rang Scott to see if I should only be using one of the springs.
    He told me that the new K22's are fitted with both springs from the factory & that is how they are meant to be shot.
    He recommended using CCI Mini Mags or Blazer with my K22.
    The next time I went back to the range I used CCI Mini Mags. These shot much better only one light strike. The K22 appears to prefer HV Ammo.
    After adjusting the sights I was consistently able to hit a six inch paint target from the firing line (30 Yards) using a rest. The sights are good but I don't think they are designed for shooting at very long distances as the slightest movement in the firearm will alter where the shot falls at that distance.
    The K22 comes with the new easy to load 10 round Mags, I like these I brought a spare one at the show along with one of the new extended Mags. (I haven't tried this one yet)
    Overall I am very pleased with my purchase. The quality of the Firearm is brilliant. I think when I have used it more it will bed in nicely.
    The only problem I have is that when my wife agreed that I could buy it now, the condition was that once its tested shown to be working OK and sighted in, I was to leave it in the gun cabinet till June as that's when my birthday is. The K22 will be my birthday present.
    But I'm hoping to be able to sneak it out a few times before then.

Hiya

Use the weaker spring and try CCI standard ammo.
    Works great for me and its cheaper than mini-mag.

Cheers!
    Paul M.
    NSRA and NRA qualified RCO.

^^^^^This^^^^^

I've run CCI Standard through my X Trim Whisper with no problems like the O.P. with the weaker spring. Worked flawlessly, and the moderator reduced the pop considerably. Managed some subs fine too, though you could tell the pistol was on its limit with regards to ammo as the slides recoil became a little sluggish.

You will love the extended mag, I used my two tonight and they ran perfectly.

You got a hell of a birthday present!

Airbrush Guest
    ^^^^^This^^^^^

I've run CCI Standard through my X Trim Whisper with no problems like the O.P. with the weaker spring. Worked flawlessly, and the moderator reduced the pop considerably. Managed some subs fine too, though you could tell the pistol was on its limit with regards to ammo as the slides recoil became a little sluggish.

You will love the extended mag, I used my two tonight and they ran perfectly.

You got a hell of a birthday present!
    Have you tried CCI subs, they're the fastest you can get afaik, it would be interesting to see how they worked?

Quote Originally Posted by Airbrush View Post
    Have you tried CCI subs, they're the fastest you can get afaik, it would be interesting to see how they worked?
    I've only tried the winnie subs so far, next time I buy some ammo I'll see what other stuff I can get to try out.

Wouldn't mind trying the Agulia subs but can't find them down here.

Airbrush Guest
    CCI were the only subs to work in my BAR 15 .22 when I first got it, now it'll shoot anything.

Well I'm willing to try out most ammo with it, with exception of anything by Remington. That stuff doesn't go anywhere near any of my guns.

Impressed with mine, it isn't ammo fussy at all so far.

Have you seen the new Carbon Fibre barrel shroud that someone is offering for sale on Gun Star for the K22.
    Very very nice but £80 not cheap!