Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: K22 Long Barrel Pistol from Caledonian Classic Arms- initial review plus Youtube vid

Renegade Master is offline They mostly come at night, mostly
    I've just sent in my renewal forms and have requested a .22 Long Barrel Pistol.

Cool

For Optomist..

I think you`d have a problem trying to convince plod that your k22 or IJ/GSG 1911`s coathanger was in fact a shoulder stock!!

RR

Airbrush Guest
    Just ordered a K22 Standard plus Whisper, with 2x20 round mag adapters. Hopefully be here in 6-8 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Airbrush View Post
    Just ordered a K22 Standard plus Whisper, with 2x20 round mag adapters. Hopefully be here in 6-8 weeks.
    Nice. Willl probably be less ammo fussy than the X Trim as your slide will be lighter than mine.

Airbrush Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairydavey View Post
    Nice. Willl probably be less ammo fussy than the X Trim as your slide will be lighter than mine.
    Caledonian Arms did mention that they couldn't guarantee last round hold open with the 20 round mag's as the spring might need stretching, how's yours?

Mine are ok to be honest, they hold back the slide reliably and I've no problems with them.

Saw in your post that you ordered 2 x 20 round mag adaptors, is that the kit that you fit yourself as I thought only the 13 round mags could be upgraded. I could well be (and I hope I am) wrong. I've 3 x 10 round mags I'd very much like to sort out.
    Last edited by Hairydavey; 14-07-2014 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Spelling.

Airbrush Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairydavey View Post
    Mine are ok to be honest, they hold back the slide reliably and I've no problems with them.

Saw in your post that you ordered 2 x 20 round mag adaptors, is that the kit that you fit yourself as I thought only the 13 round mags could be upgraded. I could well be (and I hope I am) wrong. I've 3 x 10 round mags I'd very much like to sort out.
    I'll double check that mate.

FWIW...

I have 3, 19/20 round mags and only one still holds open, seems like after a lot of use the springs do weaken, the mag that still behaves definitely seems to have a happier spring (For the time being) But like Scott says they cant guarantee they will always hold open! That said I very rarely run the gun dry so it really isn't an issue!

I`m just happy I can stuff in more ammo!! I only got 11 in my Buckmark and 15 in my IJ 1911!!

Looking at the 10 rounder's (I`ve got 2), I don't think they can be converted

RR

Quote Originally Posted by rimfire-rebel View Post

Looking at the 10 rounder's (I`ve got 2), I don't think they can be converted

RR
    This is exactly what I was afraid of

I bought my extended ones as already assembled, so had no idea about possible spring issues though touch wood, mine alright so far.

Anyone know why the 13 round mags are no longer available?

My slide stop spring seems to be quite strong!!, that might be a factor as to why 2 mags are not now behaving, I will have to find out how to strip the gun a bit further and check it out.

I`m sure it doesn't need to be as resistant as it is!!

RR

Cool Update...

Well, I stripped my Xtrim down, (Not the easiest pistol in the world) and tried a weaker slide stop spring, the gun just didn't like it! The spring rests on a cross bar and it needs to be quite strong to return the slide stop quickly and deep enough so as to not hinder the slide, what I did notice is that the sticky out bit (Tech term ) on the mag follower is VERY flimsy and the slightest wear has caused it to miss the sticky out bit (as before) on the slide stop. I think a little JB weld might be the answer here!!

I think I might strip it again in the near future and do a little video and post it.

RR

Smile Youtube vid.

Hi all,

As promised, I have popped a little.. `How to strip down your Beloved K22 LBP` Video on YOUTUBE.

Hope you enjoy it, its my first go at putting stuff on YouTube!!

http://youtu.be/gVlnK8GW1gk

RR

hi

Nice vid thanks for posting Cheers

Airbrush Guest
    Hopefully picking my Whisper standard plus up on friday.

Cool

BRILL!! ANOTHER LBP HITS THE RANGES!!

So Airbrush wots the difference betwixt the two, is it a trigger job?

ATB

RR