Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anvil Conversions 1858 nitro conversion - new Youtube vids

Tried one owned by a club member a couple of weeks ago. Lovely to use and dead easy to load. Tim

Can you still use Black Powder and its substitutes in a Nitro converted pistol or does the shotgun primer change the variables.

.471 ball paul ? thought they would be 451-454 size

Quote Originally Posted by weebeestie View Post
    Can you still use Black Powder and its substitutes in a Nitro converted pistol or does the shotgun primer change the variables.
    From what I've seen there isn't enough room in the chamber to load a charge of BP/Sub, just the widdling nitro load. However, I'm sure to be put right by somebody who has one. I've shot one, and was hyper-unimpressed, especially for the cost involved.

IMO a .44 handgun is meant to go 'Kaboom', not 'plut', and exercise your wrist somewhat.

tac

boff180 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by weebeestie View Post
    If you want to do this the Ruger Old Army is a better bet, the nipples can be replaced with ones designed to take shotgun primers. These nipples can be used with BP, in addition, the gun is strong enough for Nitro and just requires being re-proofed for Nitro.

I have an Anvil and love it, very accurate and easy to clean. They are the perfect alternative for those of us that have absolutely no interest in the faffing about that comes with BP ranging from the extra licences and the cleaning regime.

Andy

Just had a e-mail from Derek. Mines ready for sending. Oh Yes.