Thread: Anschutz vs FWB vs Walther vs Steyr

Anschutz vs FWB vs Walther vs Steyr

Hi
    I am thinking about moving up from my Anschutz Super Air 2001 to a PCP. Either an Anschutz 8002 or FWB700 Alu or Walther LG400 Alutec or Steyr LG110. I'm 6 foot 5 and lanky. Mechanically they would all be indistinguishable, i.e. far more accurate than I. But is one better suited to tall people, does the Anschutz have the best trigger? Please tell me your thoughts.
    Regards
    Mark

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Rifles

Its a dangerous thing asking for views on a selection of rifles on web sites as it usualy induces lots of personal views some of which, and often all, are worthless.
    I coach various shooters and have seen and have experience of most rifles, the difference is preference and set up, the Anschutz does not have the best trigger but with good set up all are superb. I think you can see from what I have what my preferences are but I know well that the others are just as good. All are used at top level and a look along the line at big meetings will display all. A good guide is look on the ISSF website at the videos of the world cups and you will see them all and how the different builds have set them up. You should also consider the FWB 800 and the Pardini GP1, but the only true way to decide what is best for you is to look at and if possible try them all.
    Good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    Pity about your location,I have a very nice Walther lg 300 we may have been able to px your super air against.
    My advice if your buying new and can afford it,go Feinwerkbau p800,I have one but converted for field target.you could be deformed but still get the gun to fit you,there's so much adjustment on it.
    In saying that the Steyr challenge is awesome,the electronic trigger is unreal.If I can get my eyes and back sorted that will be my next purchase.
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
    Pity about your location,I have a very nice Walther lg 300 we may have been able to px your super air against.
    My advice if your buying new and can afford it,go Feinwerkbau p800,I have one but converted for field target.you could be deformed but still get the gun to fit you,there's so much adjustment on it.
    In saying that the Steyr challenge is awesome,the electronic trigger is unreal.If I can get my eyes and back sorted that will be my next purchase.
    .... and he knows about being deformed.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Constructive post as usual
    Home Page:

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    How did you get over the cocking lever fouling the scope?
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

We cant advice which rifle. They're all great, all have great triggers, its a question of personal preference.
    So you'll have to try them all.
    I cán say, that, there's a good chance that you may find yrself liking an anschutz pcp best because you have an anschutz now.
    Basic ergo's dont change much within 1 brand usually.
    I had a CG90, now an LG300 and KK100 and when I tried all recent airrifles, the LG400 felt best for me.
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by tufty View Post
    How did you get over the cocking lever fouling the scope?
    I presume you mean on the FWB 800,the cocking lever can be moved,so when it is cocked the lever is in a lower position.Plus I have a rail on which raises the scope.

Home Page:

i think the steyr is the better gun out of the three i have used them all

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I presume you mean on the FWB 800,the cocking lever can be moved,so when it is cocked the lever is in a lower position.Plus I have a rail on which raises the scope.

Are you sponsored by Meccano ?