Thread: New Member

Hi to everyone out there. I would like to introduce myself as a new member to this already helpful forum. My name is Brian going under the user name of potshot8.
    I have been fortunate enough to shoot and even own (some of them) a great variety of both air powered and full ballistic weapons, from .177 Diana air pistol, 12 bore shotguns to an 8" Self propelled Howitzer and everything in between. Most of which was while doing military service during the 60's and 70's.

At the moment I am doing a refurb on a BSA Meteor Mk2 .22 which is stripped to its component parts. The metalwork has all been sanded, primed and am waiting for its second finish coat to dry as I write this. The only new parts required are the breech seal and piston washers. The mainspring appears to be in good order but I will best be able to confirm this when it's all back together. I'm still undecided what to do with the stock, it has a few scratches and other marks and obviously needs some TLC, the question is, do I go for as near as possible original finish or as the rifle is for my 9 year old Grandson, go for the camouflage paint job that he wants? My heart says keep it original but it's also saying he will be the one using it. Decisions, decisions.

Well, that's me introduced. I look forward to reading other forum members views and advice on the great variety of topics discussed here.

Brian.

Hello mate .

And welcome to the forum .

All the best .

Andy .
    " Never mistake kindness for weakness "

hi and welcome to the forum

ELMOR FUDD is offline Don't put your fingers where you wouldn't put your Cock
    Welcome aboard bud
    Goose shootings not just for life ......its for christmas dinner
    Bolt handles,silencer adapters,safety catches,filler caps,Brass Trigger guards for most guns and more