Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: .22 Air Pistol 6 Yard MPL Postal Competition.

.22 Spring Summer 6 Yard MPL Postal Competition.

We now have a .22 MPL air pistol competition to run alongside the existing .177 MPL competition.

We will not attempt to work out a scoring system to combine them together with the normal .177 competition, but run a separate .22 competition to the same rules (apart from the pistol calibre) so this is a new strain of the MPL series devised to accommodate those that prefer to shoot .22 air pistol.

There is no reason why anyone cannot have two entries - one for the .177 event and one for the .22 event if they should choose.

Entry for the .22 competition is exactly the same as for the .177 competition - just pay the entry fee ( plus postage if required) but mention ".22" when entering so you are placed in the correct competition as these two different calibre's will not be scored together and it will also be nice to have two separate events running alongside each other.

We have no entries for the .22 air pistol competition yet - but following comments from some shooters that have a .22 air pistol and are unhappy they have no precision target shooting competitions - here is one !

If this .22 MPL competition does not get any support (call my bluff ) we will not run it again so here is an genuine opportunity for the .22 air pistol shooters to have the competition they have asked for so please take advantage and support it so it will continue this year and in the future.
    Last edited by zooma; 30-01-2014 at 09:31 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

.22 comp

I'm up for it Bob and I will send the money tomorrow.
    I've got three pistols to use and they will all get a go!
    Did my address get to you Bob?If not I will send it again tomorrow.
    atb Glyn

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman View Post
    I'm up for it Bob and I will send the money tomorrow.
    I've got three pistols to use and they will all get a go!
    Did my address get to you Bob?If not I will send it again tomorrow.
    atb Glyn
    Hi Glyn,

Is that as well as your .177 entry or a second entry for .22 as well?

At the moment you could be the only new .22 competitor but if you win it and become the unchallenged British Champion nobody can complain because everybody has the chance to join the competition so lets hope a few more will join you.

I said I would join in if we had a .22 series so I guess that will double the entry.......as well as the number of 6 yard MPL targets I have to shoot every month!

If you are entering both then I will need to send you a second pack of competition targets.

Using all three pistols - a man after my own heart - I never used the same pistol more than once in the first 6 yard MPL postal competition.

ATB - Bob.
    Last edited by zooma; 19-01-2014 at 10:51 AM.

Although I am not a fan of .22 air pistols and I much prefer .177 air pistols, I do have a .22 Original Model 5 with a grey plastic moulded grip so I will use this in the .22 MPL series to keep bluesman company and I have just heard from thirdwheel who also has a .22 Model 5 and he is going to join in too.

The competition will definitely run - would anybody else like to join us to make it a but more interesting?

Speaking for myself I am not expecting any great scores but it will be fun to shoot an old classic in a calibre I think suites an air rifle far better than an air pistol so I have got myself a tin of .22 Hobby and I am ready to go

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Oh!, you pain in the arse!

Tempted!!, but I've only got a Tempest or a Hurricane in .22..you are an evil person in league with that IJ fella:

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti View Post
    Oh!, you pain in the arse!

Tempted!!, but I've only got a Tempest or a Hurricane in .22..you are an evil person in league with that IJ fella:

Cheers.

Roy.
    Come on Roy - .22 Wobblies shoot much better than .177 Wobblies and Tempests shoot very well - I bought a .22 Tempest today so lets see how we get on eh?

........a .22 Hurricane with proper adjustable sights is a positive advantage and nobody is going to turn up with a recoilless .22 are they ?

Tell amac about it and maybe he will join you so you can have your own personal .22 Wobbly battle
    Last edited by zooma; 20-01-2014 at 10:18 PM.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

can i do this one as well ,using my .22 hurri if not to late
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Come on Roy - .22 Wobblies shoot much better than .177 Wobblies and Tempests shoot very well - I bought a .22 Tempest today so lets see how we get on eh?

........a .22 Hurricane with proper adjustable sights is a positive advantage and nobody is going to turn up with a recoilless .22 are they ?

Tell amac about it and maybe he will join you so you can have your own personal .22 Wobbly battle
    Oh, go on then.......

Expect a paypal payment very shortly!

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    can i do this one as well ,using my .22 hurri if not to late
    You are not too late Bob.

If you can send your entry fee to our PayPal account I will get your target pack away to you tomorrow.

mmmmmm so there is some interest in shooting targets with a .22 air pistol then

Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti View Post
    Oh, go on then.......

Expect a paypal payment very shortly!

Cheers.

Roy.
    GOTCHA

Dosh has arrived - targets go out to you tomorrow

.22 shooting is easy....NOT !

I noticed when shooting a .22 Webley that it was easier to shoot than a .177 of the same type and so with a larger size pellet making a bigger hole it should be like shooting fish in a barrel with a .22 at only 6 yards.

Having just shot my first round of the .22 MPL competition with my Model 5 I have not found this to be the case - I shot the .177 first round much better!

To be fair the Model 5 is still dieseling a fair bit ( I need to get the excuses prepared) following a strip down but I think the main difference is because I used an SSP for the 177 round and a "kicker" for the .22 round.

Most .22 air pistols are spring powered "kickers" so lower .22 score's may be expected.?
    Last edited by zooma; 23-01-2014 at 04:42 PM.

hi bob payment sent for the .22 hurricane challenge

Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    hi bob payment sent for the .22 hurricane challenge
    Thanks Bob - you could do well with a Hurricane.

I tried a .22 Hurricane last night and wished I had used it instead of the Model 5 !

Don't forget to let me have your postal address !

hi bob, all arrived safely this morning thanks for the quick turnaround ,better get cracking on the cards.

I have just completed the last of my cards for the January .22 6 yard MPL postal series.

The cards were shot with my Grey Plastic Grip Original Model 5 ( stamped as being made in April 1966) following the fitting of a new end cap and a set of the correct type of sights and I used Hobby pellets.

I did take a few shots with an old .22 Hurricane after I had shot with the Model 5 and I was very surprised at how good it was. The trigger did not feel that good to be honest but I let the pistol jump around after I had released the shot and to my surprise all the shots were inside the black.
    Last edited by zooma; 11-02-2014 at 07:49 AM.