Thread: .22 Air Pistol 6 Yard MPL Postal Competition.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well the Turkish made Tempests turn out to be pretty good once they have bedded down after a few shots so I am hoping this new Turkish made Typhoon will be very similar.

The twisted front sight is a bit annoying but I have not had time yet to see how this assembly is fixed to the barrel but I am hoping I can fix that.

The long trigger travel is probably for keeps, but I may be able to reduce the trigger weight or at least improve the feel so not all is not lost yet and I will try to make it work as a .22 6 yard MPL air pistol.

As I said - this is a lot of pistol for the money and there are shooters and collectors that like BIG size air pistols - so I am sure there will be somebody out there that will really like it.

I would like to find out just how much they sell for when new in the UK as I would have thought it would sell for a similar price to the Tempest - even though it is a much bigger (and heavier) air pistol.

........not sure how long this project is going to take....
    Last edited by zooma; 21-03-2014 at 07:36 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

hi bob,bought one of these on the strength of the name and found myself quite disappointed;the first point was that as i pulled the trigger i noticed the action moving back on the rail and from then on found the performance of whole package less than i had expected from the webley legend, but to be fair in terms of value for money it wasn't to bad .took it back the following week and did a trade in on a "cometa indian" strange pistol but it was a fair had at the 10mtr mark ,the basic sights being a let down.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    hi bob,bought one of these on the strength of the name and found myself quite disappointed;the first point was that as i pulled the trigger i noticed the action moving back on the rail and from then on found the performance of whole package less than i had expected from the webley legend, but to be fair in terms of value for money it wasn't to bad .took it back the following week and did a trade in on a "cometa indian" strange pistol but it was a fair had at the 10mtr mark ,the basic sights being a let down.
    How much are they new Bob?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.