Thread: .22 Air Pistol 6 Yard MPL Postal Competition.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    hi bob payment sent for the .22 hurricane challenge
    Thanks Bob - you could do well with a Hurricane.

I tried a .22 Hurricane last night and wished I had used it instead of the Model 5 !

Don't forget to let me have your postal address !
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

hi bob, all arrived safely this morning thanks for the quick turnaround ,better get cracking on the cards.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

I have just completed the last of my cards for the January .22 6 yard MPL postal series.

The cards were shot with my Grey Plastic Grip Original Model 5 ( stamped as being made in April 1966) following the fitting of a new end cap and a set of the correct type of sights and I used Hobby pellets.

I did take a few shots with an old .22 Hurricane after I had shot with the Model 5 and I was very surprised at how good it was. The trigger did not feel that good to be honest but I let the pistol jump around after I had released the shot and to my surprise all the shots were inside the black.
    Last edited by zooma; 11-02-2014 at 07:49 AM.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

thats exactly what i found , after the leap you think well that could have gone anywhere,but was very pleased to find they had found their way into the black.of the 4 hurricanes and two tempests i have ,no two seem to have the same feel as you edge off the release ;a challenge in itself but well worth the time and effort to learn. im up to the 30s plus with odd flyers to keep me honest,if a newbie l/h can do it anythings possible.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I have just completed the last of my cards for the .22 6 yard MPL postal series.

The cards were shot with my Grey Plastic Grip Original Model 5 ( April 1966) following the fitting of a new end cap and a set of the correct type of sights and I used Hobby pellets.

I did take a few shots with an old .22 Hurricane after I had shot with the Model 5 and I was very surprised at how good it was. The trigger did not feel that good to be honest but I let the pistol jump around after I had released the shot and to my surprise all the shots were inside the black.
    ........I'm not suggesting any of the other shots would be in the black - I quit while I was ahead

Hey Bob, If I'm in time - can I have an entry in the .22 class please?

I can pay by bank trans, like I did for the .177 class.

Would that be the same £26.50 inc another 100 practice cards and the delivery?

I'd like to give you guys some competition, with my trusty Tempest!

ATB - Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Hey Bob, If I'm in time - can I have an entry in the .22 class please?

I can pay by bank trans, like I did for the .177 class.

Would that be the same £26.50 inc another 100 practice cards and the delivery?

I'd like to give you guys some competition, with my trusty Tempest!

ATB - Phil
    Hi Phil,

You are more than welcome to join us in the .22 class - we need all the support we can get

It is never too late to join in the 6 yard MPL series - and you are not really that late so there will be very little catching-up needed.

I will get another entry pack prepared for you and another 100 spare targets and send them to you by "next day" carrier as last time.

Thanks for your support.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Hi Phil,

You are more than welcome to join us in the .22 class - we need all the support we can get

It is never too late to join in the 6 yard MPL series - and you are not really that late so there will be very little catching-up needed.

I will get another entry pack prepared for you and another 100 spare targets and send them to you by "next day" carrier as last time.

Thanks for your support.
    Thank you for all your help, Bob

Sent you a PM.

Looking forward to it - Phil