Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: .22 Air Pistol 6 Yard MPL Postal Competition.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Can't wait to see more holiday snaps like that.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Just kidding Isn't Fantasy Island where you guys usually have your medal ceremony? http://rerunningfromreality.files.wo...nd-roarke1.jpg

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Well the short 4rse on the right does look strangely familiar.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Just kidding Isn't Fantasy Island where you guys usually have your medal ceremony? http://rerunningfromreality.files.wo...nd-roarke1.jpg
    Where did you find that picture of me and IJ
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Where did you find that picture of me and IJ
    Dont be silly! How can anyone from Blackburn, and I have to be very careful here, have such a wonderful tan?

ATB
    'Lofty.'
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Dont be silly! How can anyone from Blackburn, and I have to be very careful here, have such a wonderful tan?

ATB
    'Lofty.'
    .......rust or grime maybe

Big 'oles!

I achieved a good score with my Scorpion last month
    but I've got a problem.The pellets aren't "punching"
    through,they are ripping the edges of the hole.I thought
    it may be the pellets so I changed from Bisley practice to
    RWS Hobby.At first it was better but after a number of
    shots it started to do it again.There is no lack of power with
    this gun but my HW45 doesn't do it.Any ideas?
    PS I couldn't achieve anything like my previous score a week
    later!The joy of Boingers!

First suspect for me would be piston seal especially if it has not been used for a while, then breech seal, then spring - springs usually die slowly unless they snap or are left loaded for long periods (gun cocked)- take it all to bits and evaluate.

The cheap mod5 I bought for this comp. really had only the remains of the piston seal left and what was left was like cheese, a seal from chambers and an hours work and it was like new.

Best cheers
    George

If your scores were better last month, and the holes were cleaner than they are now, then a seal failure could account for the lower score and the torn holes in the target.

The BSA Scorpion ( like the Original pistols and rifles) came from a time when some dodgy plastic was used to make the seal and it could be that it has finally perished and a replacement could help solve at least one of the problems

The new replacement seal is likely to be made from a newer type of plastic that should last longer that the original factory fitted one - but if your Scorpion does still have its original seal still fitted then it has already done very well.

I had a .177 Scorpion when they first came out and it was very accurate (but also very heavy).

It is good to still see them being used in the 6 yard MPL postal competition so I hope you get yours fixed soon and your accuracy returns