Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anschutz 333

Anschutz 300 series

All had the same ( potential) power plant, but the 330 is shooting real harsh with the full power spring.
    Differences are in stock, barrel, trigger and sights.

--------------------------------
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by frakor View Post
    All had the same ( potential) power plant, but the 330 is shooting real harsh with the full power spring.
    Differences are in stock, barrel, trigger and sights.

Frank
    Nice!
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

My first rifle was an anschutz 335 mk2 in .22 purchased back in 1980 topped with a tasco 4x40 648v wa scope,it was and still remains the most accurate spring gun I have owned,always regretted part exchanging for a sharp innova.
    I did buy another 335 from this sites owner later in the 80's by which time they were calling it the 335 'magnum' apparently it had a slightly larger diameter air chamber with the word 'magnum' inscribed within a triangle on the chamber between the end of the scope rails and barrel,the upgrade was a response to the english rifles being upgraded at the time as in the vulcan and merc 's' iirc which were seeing an increase in popularity at the to
    time.
    Sadly I purchased the 2nd 335 rifle but never fired more than 10 pellets through it before having to sell it.

A very underrated rifle as at the time the agw writers were all fwb sport (mate had one) and hw35 shooters,my mates fwb just had the edge on the 335 in power but didn't in accuracy.
    The 335 having a leather seal took some time to 'run in' over the more modern nylon piston seals that seemed to be fitted to other rifles of that era.
    Smile!...today is the day you worried about yesterday. :-)

Supanova II Weymouth....http://www.supanova-charters.co.uk/

When I was 15 I drooled over them, sorry to say nothing has changed in 30+ years. Airgun disease..

i now see why you all rate these,i bought the rifle and i has to be the smoothest cocking/shooting rifle i have used.at a bit under 7lb it very pointable and stunningly accurate with the peep sights i am using.it won't win any beauty contests with that plain stock but maybe a pretty walnut replacement would be in order. atb

Quote Originally Posted by isobar View Post
    i now see why you all rate these,i bought the rifle and i has to be the smoothest cocking/shooting rifle i have used.at a bit under 7lb it very pointable and stunningly accurate with the peep sights i am using.it won't win any beauty contests with that plain stock but maybe a pretty walnut replacement would be in order. atb
    wellcome to the club you wont be dissapointed.