Thread: Back after ten ish years..

Back after ten ish years..

Hi Guys,

I used to be on the forums many moons ago with a .177 ProSport and a TXSR, both with big 'FT' style scopes. Circumstances changed and I had to sell up but the bug never really left me, so last week after I finished moving house I popped into my local gun shop and left with a Mk1 HW97 in .22 & NikkoSterling 3.5-10x42 LRX nighteater.

I was after something for garden plinking, 25 yard paper punching, and maybe the occasional squirrel or pigeon.

2 tins of pellets later the gun is zero'd and very accurate but the shot cycle is a bit rough and noisy - now debating wether I want a Venom kit or if a spring, seal and breach washer would bring the smoothness to an acceptable level?

Hello and welcome , the Pro-sport and HW97 are cracking rifles .
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

Hi, welcome

ATVB

Gary
    Rapid 7 / 10-22 ATN 2 Stiller Predator .204 Pulsar N970 Tikka T3 semi custom ATN MARS thermal.204 Tikka T3 Semi.223 Wylde IOR Operator Lawton 6mmBR Kahles Gen 3 - Stiller 6.5 x 47 Bushnell BDX - Winchester Red Performance SX3 12g

Welcome back!
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple. -O.W. 1895

Hello mate .

And welcome to the forum .

All the best .

Andy .
    " Never mistake kindness for weakness "

Thanks for the welcome, fellas : )

I'm not even sure if this is the same board tbh, but do any of the members on here remember members called Rustam Bana? Supermick? Sparky? Those fellas always had 2p to chuck in

So I've got a VMach kit coming in the post from BAR - hope it comes today because I'm off down the range tonight..