Thread: British Airgun League

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Is that the National Airgun Series? Not heard anything. Spurred by your questions I flicked through the most recent Rifleman and stumbled upon an advert for the Lancashire Air Championships (Blackburn) which notes it is an event in the Series, beyond that, nadda, zip, squat. Also found the Lancs entry form (linky) which asks if you are registered for the Series (no doubt some locals are just doing that one and are not interested in travelling to others). How one gets registered for the series I cannot fathom.
    Moderately surprised they don't have a Scottish date - there is a Scottish Airgun Grand Prix around the country, would make sense to have one of those nominated in the National Series. Although they're maybe assuming Scotland is just too far for people to travel down 4+ times (to accumulate 5 scores) for anything other than National Championship grade events, so Scotland has it's GP and England/Wales have theirs.

Good idea. I don't know about "drawing the top shots out of Bisley" - most of them train at Bisley once in a blue moon as the ranges are not particularly well suited to squad sessions for a variety of reasons, it's a long way for the Scots (who have Denwood and Bon Accord's facilities in any case), and the Welsh have got their very own 50m range at the Welsh Institute of Sport in Cardiff and use a couple of local clubs for air (or at their own clubs - I know a couple of Welsh squad members live around Cambridgeshire and train there apart from squad sessions in Cardiff).

Good to spread a nationally recognised event/series around the country though. There is also an Open at Aldersley, but again, none of it is advertised - the NSRA staff seem to have lost heart and given up updating the website since it was hacked last summer. No Bisley results - not even a note of who won the Roberts. Precious little information on upcoming events, etc, etc
    You have to dig really quite hard to find out what's on. Where did you find out about it - is it actually advertised somewhere or did you get it word-of-mouth?
    Last edited by Hemmers; 21-01-2014 at 11:50 PM.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation