Thread: British Airgun League

British Airgun League

Has anyone else seen that Mick Gault and the NSRA are having a national Air Pistol League? So far Blackburn, Cardiff, Aldersley and Bisley are the hosts for six events. A shooters top 5 scores will then be added together to sort out final rankings. This sounds absolutely brilliant and is very much what the sport needs. From what I read it sounds like other clubs can apply to have a match on their range to count toward this league. This would be great as it will draw the top shooters out of Bisley and into clubs to promote the sport. Well done Mick, excellent idea!
    Fierynick

+Keep Calm and Shoot Tens+

Is that the National Airgun Series? Not heard anything. Spurred by your questions I flicked through the most recent Rifleman and stumbled upon an advert for the Lancashire Air Championships (Blackburn) which notes it is an event in the Series, beyond that, nadda, zip, squat. Also found the Lancs entry form (linky) which asks if you are registered for the Series (no doubt some locals are just doing that one and are not interested in travelling to others). How one gets registered for the series I cannot fathom.
    Moderately surprised they don't have a Scottish date - there is a Scottish Airgun Grand Prix around the country, would make sense to have one of those nominated in the National Series. Although they're maybe assuming Scotland is just too far for people to travel down 4+ times (to accumulate 5 scores) for anything other than National Championship grade events, so Scotland has it's GP and England/Wales have theirs.

Good idea. I don't know about "drawing the top shots out of Bisley" - most of them train at Bisley once in a blue moon as the ranges are not particularly well suited to squad sessions for a variety of reasons, it's a long way for the Scots (who have Denwood and Bon Accord's facilities in any case), and the Welsh have got their very own 50m range at the Welsh Institute of Sport in Cardiff and use a couple of local clubs for air (or at their own clubs - I know a couple of Welsh squad members live around Cambridgeshire and train there apart from squad sessions in Cardiff).

Good to spread a nationally recognised event/series around the country though. There is also an Open at Aldersley, but again, none of it is advertised - the NSRA staff seem to have lost heart and given up updating the website since it was hacked last summer. No Bisley results - not even a note of who won the Roberts. Precious little information on upcoming events, etc, etc
    You have to dig really quite hard to find out what's on. Where did you find out about it - is it actually advertised somewhere or did you get it word-of-mouth?
    Last edited by Hemmers; 21-01-2014 at 11:50 PM.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Series

Hi Hemmers
    It's in the most recent Rifleman, a full page.
    Agree on the NSRA, which has been wandering aimless for a few years, they seem to have lost the plot.
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

British Airgun League Series

Would someone be kind enough to post the details of schedule and how to sign up etc ?

Cheers
    Dave
    Evo 10 Compact.

Series

I've not got it in front of me, but by memory its a series of open meetings, the Welsh, Aldersley, British Championships Bisley, and some others, the top so many in an aggregate of those will shoot in a final and I can't remember where that is. I'm not sure but I doubt you need to enter "the series" but do the individual meetings and probably tick a box, I thought its also in classes.
    Look in the new Rifleman which is just out and should be sat at your club, its a full page not far into it.

I can't find it on the NSRA web site, but then they can't even put their own regs on it.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Series

Thanks Robin, I know someone who may have a copy, so I will ask him.
    Evo 10 Compact.

Series

Silver
    If you are going to the British Airgun Championships Feb22/23 at Bisley you can be sure all the details will be available and the organisers will be there.
    Robin

Series

Silver
    If you are going to the British Airgun Championships Feb22/23 at Bisley you can be sure all the details will be available and the organisers will be there.
    Robin
    Robin
    Yes, I'm shooting on the Sunday, thanks. Will you be there ?

Dave
    Evo 10 Compact.

Nsra

Try asking here jsumner@nsra.co.uk Jen Sumner is competitions administrator, if she does not know she'll know who does.
    Robin

Brits

Yes, will be there from Friday, looking after several rifle shooters, I'll be wearing a Norwich City Target Club pale blue fleece, with my name on it. If you look me up I'll introduce you to Mick.
    Robin

Robin

Excellent, will do, thanks.

Dave
    Evo 10 Compact.

I'd heard about this through my West Mids Regional Squad friends, but there was a poster up in my club (Swadlincote) advertising it. Its £15 (I think) to enter the series, then you'll have to pay for the individual matches as well. The poster was also asking for clubs to register interest if they wanted their shoots included in next years series.
    I don't know why Scotland aren't included, it may be travelling distance, it may be that there will be Scottish shoots in the series next year.
    Is anyone really suprised at the NSRAs lack of organisation? Its nothing new is it? I'm still waiting for medals that I won in the British Pistol Champs in September. Two of my shoots at the BPC Open last weekend were moved from AM to PM because the NSRA had double-booked the range. Having planned my 100+ mile drive around these times I wasn't best pleased!
    Anyway, the Series looks good, Swadlincote are holding their comp on the 15/16 Mar, message me if you would like details.
    . Good luck at the British Open Airgun comp, have you had your squadding back? I applied weeks ago but haven't heard back yet....

-Nick-
    Fierynick

+Keep Calm and Shoot Tens+

This sounds like a good concept i'll follow this one with interest, I do hope it pans out ok, ...mike...

Good luck at the British Open Airgun comp, have you had your squadding back? I applied weeks ago but haven't heard back yet....
    Hi Nick
    Thanks, no I have not had confirmation of my squadding, I also applied weeks ago, asked for #12 Sunday around 12.00 noon.

See you there.

Dave
    Evo 10 Compact.