Right, I didn't want to deface any of the other MPL threads with my 'newbie' ranting, so here goes!

First off - Thanks to Zooma for the competition package

This is my first ever air pistol comp!

The last time I shot at match cards was with a .22 Browning semi-auto at 25 yards, so that gives you an idea how long ago...

I have a choice of 2 eligible pistols for the .177 comp... my 1996 IZH46 (non M) which I bought a couple of years ago, with a delicious back-story of how it came via the USSR Olympic Team! ... and the HW75 I've just bought. Which is utterly awesome!

The HW75 trigger (un-adjusted) is 100 times better than the Baikal... but the IZH's sights and grip are... bigger!

A few practice cards with both pistols gives an average of 40 ex50 whatever pistol I'm using, so the Izzy it is, then

I'm sure I used to shoot around a 90 ex100 average at smallbore pistol, so this 6 yard business isn't looking very good... but then that was 15+ years ago, and now I'm pushing 50 yrs old with diagnosed Glocoma in my shooting eye... see the excuse coming in early there!?

Right, a few shots at the back of a match card to warm up - and off we go to shoot my first two comp cards!... I'm allowing myself to drop a point from yesterday's average (for comp' nerves), so I'd be happy with 39s...

Card #1: Score = 39
Three shots high, and two shots low. The two low ones are 7s.... there's only one 9 and not a 10 on there!
Still, the score is OK...

Card #2: Score = 39
This is better... three 9s and an eight... last shot...
Me starts thinking about making a cup of tea to have while I score the card...
Me trys to stop thinking about the tea...
A flipping 4 !!!
I mean, that one shot is 'six off' out of 'eleven off' on the whole card!!
If only I'd have shot an 8, that'd be... a 43 !

Grrr, the 40s are coming... it's just a matter of time...

I know, I'll massively adjust the trigger!... that'll be sure to end well...

Ta for looking - but please - don't anybody say 'well, at least it's consistant'... 'cos consistant it certainly is not! Phil