Update:

Well, there was some peace & quiet available in my lounge / dining room / 6 yd shooting range last night, so I decided to shoot all my Feb match cards (.177 & .22) in one go... that's only 30+30=60 shots (plus sighters), which I believe is the same as a ladies or juniors match (?)...

The .177 cards went well... I was fairly relaxed, I'm getting better at setting my feet for a repeatable stance, and was trying to concentrate on little else but the sight picture... first 4 cards were all in the 40s, with cards 3 & 4 scoring my joint 'best ever' of 44s... pulled a bad shot high & right into the white on card 5, getting a bit too 'casual' with the trigger... managed to rescue that card for a 39, then really struggled with concentration & trigger release throughout card 6, and felt lucky to end with a 42.

Score: 253 ex 300. I'm quite happy with that. I should have been able to ignore the bad shot that made the rest of the session so much more difficult, and need to remember the 'easy' & 'in control' feeling during the cards that gave the best scores

I think I'll raise the rearsight, to allow me to 'area aim' a little lower... as I'm getting more 'automatic' with my breathing & aiming etc, I realise the good shots are all about concentrating on the sight picture... and moving the black further away should make it less distracting.

Phil