Thread: Some 45m FWB 300s

Some 45m FWB 300s

I finally got to bring my two Feinwerkbau 300s guns to the cabin to try some longer range shooting with them.
    I set up a range at 45m as that was a far as I could get the lights set up.

One is an original 1981 model, It still has the factory seals and spring in it!!!
    This one is a left hand that I got from a shooting club. Originally ordered for someone that changed their mind and
    never picked it up. It has hardly ever been used, there is no wear in the bluing on the cocking handle at all.

The other is a 1982 model recently resealed and fitted with a stronger spring, This one has seen plenty of use, but is still in
    very good condition even if one can see wear in the bluing.

Original gun

Tuned gun

I am totally blown away by the accuracy of the original gun! It consistently kept shooting sub 5mm 5 shot groups.
    Also the tuned one is capable of the same, but the stronger spring makes it less smooth shooting and It was hard to get the same results.
    Usually 3 of 5 shots would more or less go hole in hole and then I messed up the hold on 2 shots. I found it interesting is that almost all groupings
    showed an identical pattern. A diagonal line with two shots to the side. This corresponds to the feeling when shooting it, It jumps a little to the side
    and I see this in the scope when shooting

Best result was 5 shoots 5mm group center to center on both guns, but as I could not see the bullet holes properly I messed up my targets,
    shooting two set of 5 shots with both guns in the same targets. The above picks are the two only targets I did not mess up, not the best result.

I need to replace the seals of the one with factory seals, but I am very hesitant of opening this gun up, so I do not shot this gun much and will not shot it again until
    the weather warms up.

I will also refit the tuned gun with an original FWB spring as it is obvious that it is the smoother action that makes the accuracy.

But all in all: Damn how good is that for two +30 years old air rifles? Feinwerkbau, I take my hat of for you!!
    Last edited by Eidem; 25-01-2014 at 09:47 AM.
    Wanted part new/used: Model 65, 80, 90 part 1600.178.1 Führungsachse, hinten ø 4,615 Guide axle, rear, ø 4,615

Quote Originally Posted by Eidem View Post
    I finally got to bring my two Feinwerkbau 300s guns to the cabin to try some longer range shooting with them.
    I set up a range at 45m as that was a far as I could get the lights set up.

One is an original 1981 model, It still has the factory seals and spring in it!!!
    This one is a left hand that I got from a shooting club. Originally ordered for someone that changed their mind and
    never picked it up. It has hardly ever been used, there is no wear in the bluing on the cocking handle at all.

The other is a 1982 model recently resealed and fitted with a stronger spring, This one has seen plenty of use, but is still in
    very good condition even if one can see wear in the bluing.

Original gun

Tuned gun

I am totally blown away by the accuracy of the original gun! It consistently kept shooting sub 5mm 5 shot groups.
    Also the tuned one is capable of the same, but the stronger spring makes it less smooth shooting and It was hard to get the same results.
    Average groupings

Best result was 5 shoots 5mm group center to center on both guns, but as I could not see the bullet holes properly I messed up my targets,
    shooting two set of 5 shots with both guns in the same targets. The above picks are the two only targets I did not mess up, not the best result.

I need to replace the seals of the one with factory seals, but I am very hesitant of opening this gun up, so I do not shot this gun much and will not shot it again until
    the weather warms up.

I will also refit the tuned gun with an original FWB spring as it is obvious that it is the smoother action that makes the accuracy.

But all in all: Damn how good is that for two +30 years old air rifles? Feinwerkbau, I take my hat of for you!!

Thanks for posting,that was an interesting read!

ATB.

Good groups with the 3OOs at that range Eidem Ive got 2 of these rifles and think I'll scope one of them for some long rang stuff should be interesting . What scope are you using , would have thought it would have to be quite short to keep the loading port clear ATB Mike
    A few nice rifles

secretagentmole Guest
    45mm???

Sweet mother of mary what is the cocking lever like?

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    45mm???

Sweet mother of mary what is the cocking lever like?
    45mm
    A few nice rifles

not 45mm it is 45m the range

Quote Originally Posted by suterft View Post
    not 45mm it is 45m the range
    Thats what I Thought maybe Mole has had too many and is seeing double
    A few nice rifles

Quote Originally Posted by magnummike View Post
    Good groups with the 3OOs at that range Eidem Ive got 2 of these rifles and think I'll scope one of them for some long rang stuff should be interesting . What scope are you using , would have thought it would have to be quite short to keep the loading port clear ATB Mike
    I got one Hawke 3-9x56 and One Bushnell banner 4-12x40. They are not short and cover half the loading port.
    I put them on high mounts and it gives me just enough room to put the pellet in. I is a bit fiddly, but after a
    few times it is not to bad. I prefer the 40mm lens on high mounts.
    If you as me do not have very large fingers it will be fine. My mate has quite large hands and fingers he thinks
    it is a bit cumbersome, but he manages it fine. Alternatively you can go larger, but then again the added weight
    will mess with the smoothness of the recoils mechanism.
    Wanted part new/used: Model 65, 80, 90 part 1600.178.1 Führungsachse, hinten ø 4,615 Guide axle, rear, ø 4,615

I put an old Tasco 3 9x4O with high mounts on today it only covers a small part of the loading port . I zeroed it in the garden before it went dark only 2Om but was hitting very small pebbles in the borders every time cant wait to get this amazing rifle out further ATB Mike
    A few nice rifles

Last summer I was "hunting" ants and flies out to 20m.
    Put a piece of white cardboard outside in a position where it catches the morning sun ;-)