Thread: Webley mk3 valuation

Webley mk3 valuation

Hi everyone,I'm looking for a valuation on my webley mk 3 .22 air rifle. The rifle is in very good condition,the stock has a few small marks ,and still has the webley badge on it. It also has a webley scope mounted on it.i also have the leaflet that comes with the rifle, and one for the scope as well.
    also have 2 tins of of original .22 pellets from the same era.the serial number is A6823.
    I'm not sure how to post photos, if possible can someone help me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippy123 View Post
    Hi everyone,I'm looking for a valuation on my webley mk 3 .22 air rifle. The rifle is in very good condition,the stock has a few small marks ,and still has the webley badge on it. It also has a webley scope mounted on it.i also have the leaflet that comes with the rifle, and one for the scope as well.
    also have 2 tins of of original .22 pellets from the same era.the serial number is A6823.
    Hello,

I always find it a bit difficult to date Webley Mk3s who's Ser No are pre-fixed with the letter 'A' as for some unknown reason, Webley used this pre-fix for two separate batches. What we can say, is that yours is a later 7th Series example made between 1968-1971 depending on batch.

I would estimate a complete, fully functional Mk3 in reasonable cosmetic condition to be worth in the region £120-£150. The scope wouldn't attract much of an additional premium, but taken together with the pellets and paperwork might result in an additional £20-£30

To post pictures you first need to register (Sign Up) with one of the internet photo hosting sites such as Photobucket. Registration with Photobucket is free and easy when you follow the on screen instructions. Once registered, you again follow the instructions to upload your pictures from the relevant file on your computer into the Library within Photobucket. Once opened from the Library, you will be able to resize the pictures etc and share them using one of the four options displayed to the right of the screen. Due to resource constraints, we don't post images direcltly into posts, but use a link to the photo hosting site. This is the 'Direct' option second from the top and will be automatically copied when you click on it. Now all you need to do is return to your BBS post, right click and paste the link into the post. When you submit the post in the usual way, the link will appear and when clicked on will take the reader to the picture within Photobucket.

This may seem quite complicated when written down, but really is quite straight forward in practice.

If you have any problems, feel free to PM me and I will be happy to post the pictures on your behalf.

Regards

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 26-01-2014 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippy123 View Post
    Guide to posting photos here.

P.S. Sounds like a nice gun. If you are thinking of selling it, then some good photos will help enormously. Don't forget though to start a new sales thread if you do decide to sell.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Guide to posting photos

Thanks for the guide to posting photos link,Just what I have been looking for,saved me a lot of head scratching and getting splinters in my fingers

Hello,

I always find it a bit difficult to date Webley Mk3s who's Ser No are pre-fixed with the letter 'A' as for some unknown reason, Webley used this pre-fix for two separate batches. What we can say, is that yours is a later 7th Series example made between 1968-1971 depending on batch.

I would estimate a complete, fully functional Mk3 in reasonable cosmetic condition to be worth in the region £120-£150. The scope wouldn't attract much of an additional premium, but taken together with the pellets and paperwork might result in an additional £20-£30

To post pictures you first need to register (Sign Up) with one of the internet photo hosting sites such as Photobucket. Registration with Photobucket is free and easy when you follow the on screen instructions. Once registered, you again follow the instructions to upload your pictures from the relevant file on your computer into the Library within Photobucket. Once opened from the Library, you will be able to resize the pictures etc and share them using one of the four options displayed to the right of the screen. Due to resource constraints, we don't post images direcltly into posts, but use a link to the photo hosting site. This is the 'Direct' option second from the top and will be automatically copied when you click on it. Now all you need to do is return to your BBS post, right click and paste the link into the post. When you submit the post in the usual way, the link will appear and when clicked on will take the reader to the picture within Photobucket.

This may seem quite complicated when written down, but really is quite straight forward in practice.

If you have any problems, feel free to PM me and I will be happy to post the pictures on your behalf.

Regards

Brian[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by terr james View Post
    Thanks for the guide to posting photos link,Just what I have been looking for,saved me a lot of head scratching and getting splinters in my fingers
    My pleasure. Its not the only guide - Snock actually did one some time ago.

Also there are many other picture hosting sites available to use - but the basic principle remains the same as the Photobucket site I've used.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

[QUOTE=Abasmajor;
    Thanks Brian for your reply, I will have a go at adding the photos myself, and thanks for the valuation on my gun