Thread: Cambridge WINTER DIABOLICAL results

Smile Cambridge WINTER DIABOLICAL results

It’s not called “The Diabolical” for nothing.
    The weather was unusually nice to us this year. Yes it was like wading through porridge and there was a relentless drizzle and howling wind, but it wasn’t the apocalyptic deluge the weather men predicted.
    It’s a shame we didn’t get a group photograph before we started and another afterwards so you could play guess-the-silhouette. The majority of us were wearing Gortex which rapidly looked like the aftermath of an explosion in a Bovril factory. Three sensible souls were in orange dayglo, possibly to aid their identification and rescue later.
    6 of our hardy Dutch friends had again made the pilgrimage to come over for this annual fixture, so our warmest regards to them and we hope you got home safely, hopefully without too much Shepreth mud still adhered.

This was a 30-shot course quite definitely *not* to UKAHFT spec, so lot of tiny kills, long distances and downright blooming awkward peg positioning. Pallets, logs, swings and mesh abound. As Keith W pointed out, the only thing that would have messed with our minds even more was if they’d popped a 40mm unobscured kill at 20 yards. I guarantee there’d be an immediate backlog as shooters looked quizzically at the target desperately trying to work out what hideous factor they’d overlooked.
    As ever the maximum score was 60. Out of 55 shooters only *4* managed to score over 40. The rest of us were quite happy to achieve the occasional plate.

Peg 31 was the “Golden bunny”, a small bird with even smaller kill zone around 30 yards away in the field on a pole. Just high enough to catch that un-hindered wind and directly in the path of the smoke from the smouldering ash pile. This was a bonus prize opportunity, adults had to get a knock down and juniors could plate it. Only 6 names went into the draw; Becky, Chris B, Vince, Rex, Tom Willingham and Jonathan Chidzoi.

Our thanks to the ever devious Tony Haas for this annual competition horrible, and his two heinous henchmen Martin and Chris.

If you’ve managed to get the mud out of your clothing and off your kit we’ll see you on the 2nd Sunday in Feb for our next shoot.

Open:
    Jeff Westley 44
    Sean Eustace 42
    Richard Bailey 40
    Alex Larkin 39
    Martin Slane 39
    Jon Houghton 38
    Vince Holland 38
    Steve Willingham 37
    Colin Wilson 37
    Justin Rhone 37
    Jack Houghton 36
    Chris Boulton 36
    Wayne Mariott 35
    Nigel Fleet 34
    Mick Salmon 33
    Richard Lander 32
    Miriam Stark 31
    Andy Ireland 30
    Gary Chillingworth 30
    Jonathan Hobbs 30
    Peter Van Gemert 29
    Jean Greatrex 28
    Simon Vant 28
    Dean Auger 26
    Brigitte Vant 26
    Willem Braams 26
    James Free 26
    Tony Haas 26
    Andries Switer 24
    Jamie McLatchie 23
    Des Morris 23
    Jason Byrne 19
    Liam Ellis 18
    Ingrid Van Gemert 13
    Mark English 10
    John Gamston DNF
    Mark Gamston DNF

Recoiling:
    Rex Bennett 35
    Leon Beute 29
    Jonathan Chidzoi 28
    Kev Turner 27
    Simon Topham 26
    Phil Russell 25
    Carl Toseland 15

Neil Wakelin 36
    Steve Youngs 34
    Matt Rawlings 32
    Ben Topham 31
    Stu Deeks 30
    Anne Higgins 28
    Keith Warburton 27
    Tom Willingham 27

Junior
    Becky Rawlings 44
    Aston Chambers 30
    Olly Fleet 30

what a great confidence boost guys, although the Cambridge ****s Martin and Chris (and Tony but he's not a ****) had a big streak of sadism running through while giving a great deal of time and effort to set it out, I have to say a big thanks to them. it made me feel like my shooting may have turned a corner. Thanks for a really warm welcome on such a horrible day weather wise. I had a great time and it put me in an altruistic mindset to help Gary, Alex and Jean free of the mud imprisoning the car when they left, I dont think the camera and laughter helped me feel that you were genuinely sorry Gary about clearing all the mud off your wheels all over me from head to toe, and I mean head to toe, I even had the mud in my ears and eyes after helping push you out.

A lovely time and a massive smile with my first Cambridge Diabolical medal. Thanks again, I am really glad I came.
    Does anyone know how to contact doughnuts Anonymous cos I just cant seem to give them up and may be a 0 addict

Mmm! Junior equals best.....getting to be a common sight!

Great shooting Becky!
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

It's a shame I couldn't make it this time...
    Judging by the scores this was a hard one

I've uploaded the results here: http://plinkplink.net/#!/event/50, so some of us can enjoy their graph going deeeep down.