Thread: Redfield 3200 scope

Redfield 3200 scope

Hi all. I am looking to buy one of these in good working order. I don't know how hard they are to find or how much they cost, so any info gratefully received
    Dave

Macavoys sell them (redfield scopes )
    http://www.guns.gb.com/contents/en-u...flescopes.html
    Last edited by mallyally; 26-01-2014 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deebee View Post
    Hi all. I am looking to buy one of these in good working order. I don't know how hard they are to find or how much they cost, so any info gratefully received
    Dave
    Hi Dave,

I have been researching the Redfield 3200 scope recently...(there is one on the bay the finishes tonight! item no -161201779405 ) this scope was made by Redfield from early 1970's to mid 1980's (I think) It was intended for fullbore centrefire use, is nearly 2 feet long and has mounting points on the receiver and barrel usually by way of a drilling/tapping or dovetail blocks...said to be the best target scope ever made!... (a review I read) but that technology has moved forward and good quality modern scopes and glass are just as good/better.

Redfiled are now owned by Leupold and Stevens, the revolution range is made and assembled in the same factory, using the same lenses, as other Leupold scopes (I think they are comparable to the VX1 range??)

I have two of the modern Redfield Revolution scopes that Mally has linked to, a 3-9x40 and a 3-9x50, and have used the 2-7x32 as well (all have the 4-plex ret). They are excellent quality scopes with no frills, just a very clear bright sight image and positive reliable adjustment, so good glass and build quality is where the money is spent. They are parallaxed to 100 yards but can be easliy reset to your chosen range by undoing the outer locking ring with a rubber strap type pipe wrench and then screw the whole lens carrier out a couple of turns or so (mine took less than 5 mins to do)...fully sealed and waterpoof, even with the turret caps off, but one gripe is that you do not get lens caps with these scopes, they want you to buy the Leupold Alumina covers.

Hope this helps,
    Dave
    Last edited by DCL_dave; 27-01-2014 at 07:18 AM.
    blah blah

Thanks for the replies gents
    Mally, the scope I am after is 1960 's & 2 feet long!
    Dave I am watching the one on the bay, but it ain't cheap!

Just been pointed towards a Tasco #707 16x40, so I will be puting posts on here for that
    Thanks db

Just out of interest...that Redfield 3200 sold for £210. It was a 20x model and was fitted with Anschutz mounts...I guess this is a fair indication of value?

That would have been a nice scope to stick on a Gem!
    blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by DCL_dave View Post
    Just out of interest...that Redfield 3200 sold for £210. It was a 20x model and was fitted with Anschutz mounts...I guess this is a fair indication of value?

That would have been a nice scope to stick on a Gem!
    That's the one I just bought!!
    Don't know about the price but in comparison to a few I found sold on American sites, it was about right.
    I paid more than I really wanted to but I don't know how long I might have waited for another.

Thanks to all
    SORTED!!
    db