Thread: Opinions please Feinwerkbau 700 Alu or Anschutz 8002 S2 Alu

Opinions please Feinwerkbau 700 Alu or Anschutz 8002 S2 Alu

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any constructive comments regarding the two rifles mentioned. Can't decide which to buy and where to buy from.

Regards

John

John,

Quite simply it comes down to which one you prefer to shoot. Both rifles will probably be capable of an Olympic winning performance straight out of the box. The "strengths" and "weaknesses" of either will really be at the margins. FWIW I perceive that FWB seems to find favour with smaller shooters and the taller cohort tend towards Anschutz, but large and small use both.

Unless you are already shooting 570+ I do not think it will make any discernible difference which one you go with.

Rutty

Hi Rutty,

Many thanks for taking time to reply. Have you heard any reports of the best places for both price/service to buy these rifles.

Where to buy? If there is someone local(ish) who has done the manufacturer's course on rectification and servicing then that is probably a good start. An acquaintance bought a rifle (not a FWB or Anschutz) from well known national agent and it had to go back for rectification 3 times. Whilst the work was carried out under guarantee, the carriage costs were mounting up.

If price is the driver then a personal import from Germany is the answer, probably preferable to a "grey" import acquired in this country. This page has a useful list of suppliers which may help with price comparison and it is worth noting that the NSRA will try to match published prices. But then again, most dealers will if pushed.

Final note, make sure that you are fully aware of what you are getting, i.e. the package includes sights and raising blocks; integral with the FWB.

ATB
    Rutty