Thread: Stuart Hancox

Stuart Hancox

Could someone be good enough to pass on Stu Hancox contact details? Having drooled over Micks Titanium clad Dommie at the Euros I think it's time to get the cheque book out.

Cheers, Charlie

Talking

Hello Mate,

Ckeck the for sale section hereRough wedge

Regards

Daz

Ideal, cheers Daz

You will have to buy two Dommies....One for spares. Dommie spare parts are not available in this country and very hard to come by.The factory is not interested and only respond to e-mails if you write in german and then they will not send the spares. Just ask Stuart Hancox ,Richard woods and Lee Hadlington to name a few. good guns but be prepared for hassel if anything goes wrong. There is a thread on this subject on airgunforum.net.

chris
    http://www.eastdevonftc.co.uk

On a break from FT.

Quote Originally Posted by Machinest
    You will have to buy two Dommies....One for spares. Dommie spare parts are not available in this country and very hard to come by.The factory is not interested and only respond to e-mails if you write in german and then they will not send the spares. Just ask Stuart Hancox ,Richard woods and Lee Hadlington to name a few. good guns but be prepared for hassel if anything goes wrong. There is a thread on this subject on airgunforum.net.

chris
    Appreciate your points Chris and I suspect you would recommend the EV2 but in the same vein I have been waiting 2.5months for Venom to get hold a spare part from AA for my TX (and I know it’s through no fault of Venom). Equally when I have dealt with AA on the phone the general attitude appears to be one of apathy and indifference perhaps I have been unlucky.

It appears that all of the top FT rifles have their fans and detractors and unfortunately incidents of unreliability.

Charlie

VCharlie

Very unlucky. I get spares in 2-3 days average and have had good service from Air arms. Any part for the TX is usually off the shelf , NEVER had a delay of more than a week if AA haven't got them . Just as a matter of interest how do you know its not Venoms fault ?
    Venom have been unbelievably slow recently, they never answer e-mails, fax's or even their phone. I have been waiting 4 weeks for tuning kits and still dont even know whether they have bothered to look at their faxes . I know they are busy , but its not good enough
    I supposed to be putting Venom tuning kits on my website, but if this is their service i dont think i will bother .
    As for Walther, will never deal with them again, tried to get parts for Lee H, I might as well have been chewing a brick .

Hi Lloyd,

I'm not suggesting Venom have great customer service (indeed far from it they could learn plenty from your good selves). However I have never had them not answer the phone and have been dealing with Steve Pope directly throughout. It’s a trigger sear for a MK1 TX that I’m after which may be part of the reason for the delay insomuch as that Air Arms are reluctant to allow outside parties to fiddle with the triggers.

In the early stages of the repair Steve Pope informed me that he would be able to complete the work I needed in 2weeks (a replacement trigger housing and sear minus the safety catch) which I believe he has. Perhaps I am completely wrong but he has described what he has done in considerable detail (unless he is lying to me directly over the phone) and merely requires the sear to finish the job.

When I personally tried to order some spares for a Pro T I was informed that I would have to spend a minimum fee to receive the parts and the spares I required where just a few £s and therefore not obtainable.

I would add I have no interest in starting and Air Arms slating thread here that wasn’t the purpose of my post merely drawing comparisons especially with so much written about all the pitfalls in FT rifles.

I heed you advice regarding Walther and appreciate the input.

Charlie

Charlie

Its not for me to tell you which gun to buy, Thats why I did not mention the EV in my post. I was just pointing out the one big pitfall of Dommie ownership.As i said they are now good guns, Nick murphy has sorted the regulator probs which plagued the 1st guns. But if something breaks be prepared for a long wait unless you can get the part made.

Chris
    http://www.eastdevonftc.co.uk

On a break from FT.

Chris,
    Its not for me to tell you which gun to buy, Thats why I did not mention the EV in my post. I was just pointing out the one big pitfall of Dommie ownership
    Indeed, and I appreciate your input and did not mean to pre-empt what you were saying.

I suppose what I was eluding to (perhaps somewhat incoherently) is that, depending on who you listen to there appear to be potential issues with all the main FT rifles available and it seems a bad tale can be found for each be it rifle reliability or after sales service. Just rather infuriating as it leaves the buyer scratching their head trying to filter out the wheat from the chaff before parting with their folding.

Charlie

The Doctor is offline It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to
    Hi Charlie

I knew that dominator would be an eye catcher as soon as me and Mick started talking about it. I agree with what Machinest says, I got so sick and tired of the continued dead ends when trying to get something out of Walther, I sold all my rifles - four months later and I am still waiting for a reply to a query sent in every lanugage under the sun, to no avial. Air arms spares are easy to get hold of, don't cost the earth and are not too far away if I have a problem - still, the Dominators have a growing crowd of tinkerers who can solve many problems, but the ignorance of the company making the rifles put me off completely.

I know someone with a secondhand dommie for sale, so give me a shout, if not I have stuart's numbers if you want them.

Lee
    Please tear carefully along the perforation.

LouisCorney Guest
    I suppose different people have different tales to tell. I receieved excellent service from AA; a very friendly and helpful woman who answered the phone and a very knowledgeable gunsmith who knew the problem straight away (even though I had already forked out £70 for a service from them!). They have sent me parts for two guns FOC all that was required was a SAE.

On the other hand, when I first rang venom, shortly after I bought my pro sport, it took about 3 attempts to get through, only to be told they didn't do venom stage 1 kits for the AA Pro Sport (contrary to what I have been told by users on here and others). Rang up again a while ago in the hope somebody else might answer, hey presto I now own a venom stage 1 kit, thanks to a helpful man on the phone and prompt delivery.

I suppose customer service isn't a constant and varies, even within a company/business.