Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: asi paratrooper .177

asi paratrooper .177

hi guys just got a asi paratrooper mk1 repeater complete with 25 shot mag takes me back some yrs lol anyone else own /owned one of these and whats your opinion on them .?

I have 5 in total 4 are repeaters but I'm currently doing one of them up, I like em but the repeaters like wadcutters pellets best as others tend to get jammed. Great rifles for plinking, I will up load some pics soon

I love the shape and been able to shoot with one hand mine is 22 but looking for 177 much over looked at the time but seem to be collctable now.see them on car boots with missing plastic parts .

Allways liked them myself, never bought one when I had the chance but the ones I have shoot have allways been great fun, enjoy.

Hi!

Yes, it begins to be collectable. Made between later eighties and earlier nineties. Very difficult to find the ammunition magazine.

Never was a powerfull thought air rifle. Sub 7´5 Joules ones (exported to Germany) are authentic ten after ten machines at 20 meters.

Can shoot all types of pellets one by one, but in magazine only wadcutter and rounds.

Piston is very short, compression chamber is normal sized, but it has biggest Gamo spring model (40 pitches) like "máxima", "hunter" "Shadow" or so 18flb models but it has under 12flb energy. Want to say is the main spring works only a few in each shoot, was because of it that are Gamo 68 and 86 ( your "parachute" model) are capable of giving 20 000 shoots before spring replacement is required. 35 pitches cfx royal 14f/p spring can give about 7000 shoots, it´s only an example.

Plastic stock pieces are fragil and most of ASI parachute had lost one of them. Really easy to copy in wood wich give another taste at gun.

100-120 pounds here in Spain were we all are bored of seeing and shooting with them.

A little more I think in countries where they are not as common.

Quote Originally Posted by splosh! View Post
    I love the shape and been able to shoot with one hand mine is 22 but looking for 177 much over looked at the time but seem to be collctable now.see them on car boots with missing plastic parts .
    mines a .177 and complete

Quote Originally Posted by sniper24687066 View Post
    I have 5 in total 4 are repeaters but I'm currently doing one of them up, I like em but the repeaters like wadcutters pellets best as others tend to get jammed. Great rifles for plinking, I will up load some pics soon
    looking forward to pics

Quote Originally Posted by ThisCharming View Post
    Hi!

Yes, it begins to be collectable. Made between later eighties and earlier nineties. Very difficult to find the ammunition magazine.

Never was a powerfull thought air rifle. Sub 7´5 Joules ones (exported to Germany) are authentic ten after ten machines at 20 meters.

Can shoot all types of pellets one by one, but in magazine only wadcutter and rounds.

Piston is very short, compression chamber is normal sized, but it has biggest Gamo spring model (40 pitches) like "máxima", "hunter" "Shadow" or so 18flb models but it has under 12flb energy. Want to say is the main spring works only a few in each shoot, was because of it that are Gamo 68 and 86 ( your "parachute" model) are capable of giving 20 000 shoots before spring replacement is required. 35 pitches cfx royal 14f/p spring can give about 7000 shoots, it´s only an example.

Plastic stock pieces are fragil and most of ASI parachute had lost one of them. Really easy to copy in wood wich give another taste at gun.

100-120 pounds here in Spain were we all are bored of seeing and shooting with them.

Quite right the plastic parts (pistol grip/stock/butt) are the bits that tend to get broke or lost as well as the magazine tube. I have been looking for a pistol grip/stock for the one I'm doing up and if I have no luck will have a go at making one from wood when I find the time. Lots of these rifles still around and can be picked up cheaply though as I said some have missing parts. These rifles are quite accurate especially the non repeating types. I suppose my fascination with these and other rifles from the 70's is all about reliving my youth.

Asi paratrooper .22

Hi,
    I have one in .22(single shot) had it over 36 yrs- my first airgun! ( I was 16 at time paid half from summer job- Dad paid rest, guess about £21 inc pellets)

Actually not long got it out again , after 30 years in storage and it works fine!!
    Strict parenting meant I only put a couple of tins of ely wasps through it in all that time.

Too small to scope up but great intro to plinking with open sights.

I used to own the asi apache and the asi sniper....I loved them as a teenager..not too sure why they were named differently as they were identical

Quote Originally Posted by ThisCharming View Post
    Hi!

Hi I agree about the spring!! i replaced the spring and seals on a very tatty one, nearly killed me putting the new spring in, I didnt have a clamp. I have never seen a spring under so much load uncocked. The gun feels like it has a very fast short action
    cheers

This one has a Leopold mount to allow the magazine to be used.

Superb little rifles. I bought my children Anne and Will a Paratrooper each for Christmas, from Stretham Armoury, many many years ago as an introduction to the great fun of plinking. I remember that at the time I think it was AGW that ran a competition to design a plinking target. I submitted the plans I had for the target I had made for Anne and Will; and won. Fame!
    My lad enjoyed his rifle for a few years but then other interests took over. Anne was more interested and I followed the Paratrooper up with an Air Arms EX88. The rest is, as they say, history .....
    Cheers, Phil
    PS ... we stil have Anne's Paratrooper and Ex88. Will sold his Paratrooper.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwe11 View Post
    hi guys just got a asi paratrooper mk1 repeater complete with 25 shot mag takes me back some yrs lol anyone else own /owned one of these and whats your opinion on them .?
    I have one, In near mint condition with a boxed unused scope, Shoots very nice about 8-9 Fpe, & Another re-worked action !
    I think the STAR of the older ASI/Gamo guns are the " Statical " These are Recoiless springers ( It says it on the top , " Recoiless " Ha ha)
    They were all made in .22 ? & shoot a little over 400 Fps, Of course 1 of mine shoots quite a bit more ?

are much bigger guns than the Paratrooper, & Heavier 50% + with bigger cylinder dimensions, To shoot they feel completely recoiless , & Its an unnerving first experience !
    Why in .22 only & why such a weedy mainspring can only be down to the emphasis on being recoiless, An easy upgrade !
    Ged.
    Last edited by gedfinn 2; 19-05-2014 at 03:20 PM.