Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: asi paratrooper .177

I have one in .22 though a bit tatty. But it carries a Single Point sight which make it really fun. Both rifle and sight are best for plinking and compliment each other well; probably why I've kept it. Shame the trigger is so agricultural, but hay ho. For plinking good fun this combination is hard to beat.

Paratrooper

Hi mate,
    I have a .177 full repeater with its magazine and open sights, still working well.
    It brings back memories of going to the local fair and shooting then on the arcade there.
    Oh for bygone years when common sense reigned and not political correctness
    The armourer, with no where near as many guns as I used to have.

Quote Originally Posted by The armourer View Post
    Hi mate,
    I have a .177 full repeater with its magazine and open sights, still working well.
    It brings back memories of going to the local fair and shooting then on the arcade there.
    Oh for bygone years when common sense reigned and not political correctness
    I couldn't agree more with that last sentence. Life seemed more simple. Paradoxically though I'm in favour of some of the political correctness however its just gone too far.

I'm still looking for some ASI paratrooper parts so if anyone has an old one in any condition that there willing to sell can you please pm me. I really enjoy tinkering with these rifles which I have collected over the years... apart from replacing the main spring.
    Troy

you missed a stack of spare parts that finished on that bidding site last yesterday, seems the same person bought all of them,
    saying that you would of had to be mad to pay the winning price's ....

he could of bought a nice working sample for a fifth of what he spent on bits to make one up, very very odd !

atb.

karl

That's how it goes on the bay. It's the way to make money, list everything with a few minutes in between and once some one buys the first piece they have to keep going. Means some stupid little bits fetch crazy prices

Like many gents of my- nearly 50-age, I'd like a paratrooper, just because they seemed to be the must have back in the 70's and I didn't have

Be nice to have one in the collection

was a bit shocked how much the guy spent but each to their own,

200 quid for a rusty collection of worn parts and frame...its tempting to break the ones i have that are in good nick,

but as we all know they are bloody good fun, so will never happen,

Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by charlieboy View Post
    was a bit shocked how much the guy spent but each to their own,

200 quid for a rusty collection of worn parts and frame...its tempting to break the ones i have that are in good nick,

but as we all know they are bloody good fun, so will never happen,

Karl.
    Eh??? The ones I have??? That's hoarding that is!!! You should sell them immediately before your hoarding reaches dangerous proportions

I don't even care if it's not in good nick

£200 for bits is ludicrous though! I'd put money on there being something he didn't buy that will be impossible to get hold of...unless you buy a whole rifle

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post
    You could have just said ! I have one in .177 , I could then have directed you to this thread - This is where I got my info & I have never seen one advertised or mentioned.
    8 th post down -

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....!!!!!!!!!!-Wow

I too have one in .177, But it was never made like that, Like my upgraded gun which makes just over 11 Fpe, It does not shoot as smooth as the original . I mentioned this on the FWB 300 Thread, Upping the output changes the shooting action, ( Still very good though 11 Fpe + or nothing for me, Ha ha, )

I would certainly like to see a pic of the top of the gun saying " Statical .177 " I will then be satisfied ,

Cheers, Ged.
    Got a feeling it was originally in .22 Ged, and has had a .177 barrel fitted.
    Was just taking the pee a bit mate!

No offence intended.

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti View Post
    Got a feeling it was originally in .22 Ged, and has had a .177 barrel fitted.
    Was just taking the pee a bit mate!

No offence intended.

Cheers.

Roy.
    Hiya Roy,
    No big deal mate, Nice to hear a reply though, It was some time ago ,

I see a renewed intrest in the older Gamo,s , I mention this in reference to the Paratrooper thread recently ,
    I have one in 9/10 ish condition with a new boxed unused scope,
    It has had very little use, & Is a repeater, Shoots very well,

I am slowwwwly selling up , Whats it worth ? I will sell them etc at a fair price. ( Looking for Pics )

I have 2, Staticals, One I have tuned with .177 & .22 barrels, These are very good for what they are ! A future classic & great to shoot ,
    It was mentioned they have small cylinders ? Here is one alongside a Paratrooper , The Paratrooper makes just over 9 Fpe in .177 of course,
    , The Statical has the weakest spring ever & is .22 , Spring & Piston weight & Vwalla .

Last edited by gedfinn 2; 11-05-2014 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Pics added

Quote Originally Posted by charlieboy View Post
    you missed a stack of spare parts that finished on that bidding site last yesterday, seems the same person bought all of them,
    saying that you would of had to be mad to pay the winning price's ....

he could of bought a nice working sample for a fifth of what he spent on bits to make one up, very very odd !

atb.

karl
    That's just crazy money for some old parts that's not even guaranteed to work!
    I have just had a quick net search...there's a full complete mk1 ASI Paratrooper at protek supplies for £75.00 -which is a fair price though you would have to pay postage and collection from your RFD unless you were local. I quite like these little rifles for the same reasons as most people of my generation but to pay silly money like that on the bay is just barmy, perhaps auction fever?. Some of the parts that sold is what I require but I could buy a complete rifle for that kind of money and that defeats my objective.

Quick heads up,there is also a repeater MK2 version at Protek if anyone is interested?
    Troy

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper24687066 View Post

This one has a Leopold mount to allow the magazine to be used.
    You don't know the model number/name for the mounts by any chance?

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!