Thread: Posting PCP's abroad ?

Mike H Guest

Posting PCP's abroad ?

Hi guys,
    I've had an enquiry about selling my gun to a guy int the Netherlands. Is it OK to send it by air mail ? With it being a pressurised container and all that.
    Mike.

tpe Guest
    You can certainly post them, if it is by air you should totally empty the gun (you probably should anyway). I have had a couple posted to me, the last one was specifically sent not by air, surface mail only, even tho it was a springer and i think that it was royal mail who said that it could only be surface mail. I dont think you are liable for the laws of the receiving country, but the recipient certainly will be, i dont know about holland, but to france (you can actually send them to france without problem if the recipient registers them later) and sweeden there is a 10 j power limit, and if they coustoms are doing their job correctly they wont allow an air rifle over the local limit to be delivered to a person without the correct documentation if it exceeds the local limits. so you should ask they buyer if there is anything relevent, or he wont get the gun and will probaly get a summons.

tim

I'm not 100% on this, but I think that there isn't a power limit in the NL.

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    There is also a 'Silhouette' law, all air rifles that look like a real firearm are illegal!

Makes thing quite difficult.

Cheers
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Not living in the Netherlands, but Norway, I have had several airguns sent to me from UK, USA, Canada and OZ, all by air. My responsibility has been to take care of not buying guns that are not legal to Norwegian laws. HTH.

Per

As long as it is under 12 ft/lbs you will not need an export licence but do check with the courier about airguns & carriage to NL - I think this one is on the Parcel Force prohibited list. Holland does not have a power limit, but is tough on age limits & mail order airguns after a recent disaster. Make sure you have proof that the buyer is over 18.

Mike H Guest
    Thanks guys, will ring RM tomorrow
    Mike.

No power limit in NL or Belgium. 100% sure because I live in Belgium

Yoeri.