Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pellet Tins - flippin nuisance

guybinks Guest

Pellet Tins - flippin nuisance

Why is it that most pellet manufacturers still insist on using pellet tins without screw on lids.

I open a new tin of pellets, and then proceed to try and find something to put them in afterwards so they don't all escape in the bottom of my gunbag

Small things matter, well thats what I think.

Kev. (Cambs.) Guest
    I just keep recycling my old Accupel tin (never thought I'd see the day when they were useful)

My next favorite fallback is the trusty film container, however since I changed over to the digi cam, my stock of empty container's is rapidly diminishing

guybinks Guest
    Yep same here, I use the accupel tin.

Take the tape of the tin.open,put 30 odd pellets in your "Nite hunter" pellet pouch & jobs a god'un.EASY

CalorGaz Guest
    About the only thing I've found accupel useful for. The rifles hate them, but at least the tin is handy

CG

I often think the same.....

I stupidly gave all my accupel tins away .... DOH!

Sniper 296 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by swifty
    Take the tape of the tin.open,put 30 odd pellets in your "Nite hunter" pellet pouch & jobs a god'un.EASY
    Thats what I do but I put 2 tins of pellets in mine

mart Guest
    thought i was the only one, is a common occurance to see me scrambling round on the floor picking up 2 or 3 hundred pellets,

reckon they go up the hoover tube faster then the 12ft/lbs limit.. and stright through the bag usually...!!

roblade is offline Time for a coffee........;-)
    whats wrong with using the tape you remove from the seal and placing it on the rim where the lid sits? bit of a pain getting the lid on and off but theres no way its going to come apart in your pocket

or you could over lap the foam just a little that does the same job

failing that have my favorite silent accuple tin works ever time, think its baout 6-7 years old now

rob

PS did all early accuple come in the foam lined tines with the labels on the bottom??
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) the bunnies are coming!
    (")_(") THE BUNNIES ARE COMING!!!!!

to spring? or not to spring? that is the question. oh sod it get them both!!!!

wornspring Guest
    I use old Pill Containers with a bit of foam in Somewhere there is a silver lining to all problems

tpe Guest
    How bout using plastic film canisters, they are a little smaller than small pellet tins, so easy to carry, and if you have an fx based rifle they are also just perfect for a few loaded magazines.

I weigh mine out into batches of 200 which I keep in 35mm film containers. When I've finished a batch it's time to change the bottle on the MFR.

Jonathan

Mike H Guest
    I heard a rumour that Daystate FT's will soon be sold in screw on type tins
    Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by swifty
    Jon,

I think most of the guys on here shoot more than 30 pellets just zeroing their rifle in but 30 would last you the entire year

Screw top tins are the future

Alan.

On my H&N tins I put two small pieces of insulating tape opposite each other. Covering the edge of the lid and the container. One piece acts as a hinge, the other slightly longer and folded at the end. This one acts to keep the lid closed. Peel it back a little to open.

You could use an rubber band.

Ray