Thread: Hello from France

Hello from France

Hello everyone,

I found the BBS in my search for information regarding my childhood companions, a 1906 2nd batch Lincoln and a 1913 standard (improved model D) BSA. The Lincoln is in a terrible state (always has been) and I used to let my mates use that one, the model D was always my rifle and is still in reasonable condition.
    We used to wrap them in blankets and strap them to our bike crossbars to transport them, mainly used for targets at scouts and ratting on my grandparents' smallholding.
    They've been sitting neglected in my dad's gun safe since I left home, but as my son has been showing a keen interest I liberated them last time I was in blighty and am now in the process of giving them a good clean in their new home in the south of France.
    Current task is making cup washers.

all the best

Andy

Hello mate .

And welcome to the forum .

All the best .

Andy .
    " Never mistake kindness for weakness "

inf

Lilac you can get the parts from Airgunspares c/o John Knibbs I had quite a few bits to rebuild my LIN/J from him And welcome .

Thanks for the welcomes,

and thanks for the tips re. John Knibbs.

Washers I am making and they are coming along nicely, I could do with springs though but was hoping to find some locally.
    Something that pleases and saddens me at the same time is that here in France there are still loads of little gun shops, alas all my favourites in the UK have disappeared.
    I've fond memories of Fenwicks in Wolverhampton, they used to have a great stock of springs, pellets and all sorts. My dad has terrible trouble finding pellets these days, I've taken to buying a few tins from one of my 5 (!) local shops and hand carrying them when I come over to blighty.

cheers

Andy